THE Best Acai Bowl Recipes for Summer
The coolest (pun intended) breakfast right now is definitely the acai bowl. Hailing from Brazil, this trendy treat made its away to the United States by way of Hawaii and can now be found in most vegan cafes and coffee shops around the country. Acai is known as the super-est of super foods, with benefits from a boosted metabolism to higher energy levels and even anti-aging properties. If you can’t find a place that serves acai bowls in your town, try making your own with one of these delish recipes. You can find unsweetened acai packs in most Whole Foods and specialty grocery stores. So get inspired and get ready to be blown away by this delicious, cold and creamy treat.
1. Autumn Acai Bowls With Vanilla Bean Cashew Butter: The sweltering summer temperatures aren’t the only thing making us dream of autumn. Thanks to these lovely acai bowls full of fall flavors (figs, pomegranates and almonds), we’ll be tasting a bit of fall all summer long. (via How Sweet It Is)
3. Banana Cacao Avocado Acai Bowl: If chocolate for breakfast is wrong, then we don’t want to be right. Avocado makes this smoothie bowl even creamier, and the chocolate pairs perfectly with the tartness of the acai and sweetness of the bananas. (via Hummusapien)
4. Blackberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl: Acai Bowls traditionally don’t have blackberries, but we’re digging the summery twist on this classic. Topped with even more blackberries and peptias for a healthy crunch, this breakfast will have you begging for seconds. (via Hello Natural)
5. Sunrise Acai Breakfast Bowl: Have a California-inspired breakfast with a base of acai, pineapple and mango topped with berries, granola, banana, honey and chocolate chips. (via Layers of Happiness)
6. The Best Acai Bowl Recipe: Looking for the BEST acai bowl recipe? This version claims to be the best, but we don’t need an excuse to make this beauty filled with berries, yogurt and, of course, acai. The toasted coconut is just the icing on the acai bowl. (via Hustle + Halcyon)
7. Berry Beet Acai Bowl: Get a serving of fruit AND veggies first thing in the morning with this make-ahead, antioxidant-packed breakfast bowl. It’s a little sweet, a little tart and totally satisfying. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
9. Traditional Acai Bowl: Acai Bowls aren’t just delicious, but they are Instagrammable too! The key to this acai bowl is presentation, with huge chunks of fruit and a solid smattering of granola. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
Have you had an acai bowl? What are your favorite combos? Let us know below in the comments!