18 Non-Traditional Shoe Options for Spring Brides
If you’re looking to break away from traditional wedding shoes — ahem, something besides predictable ivory ankle strap heels — just know you’ve got options. This season, everything from glammed-up wedding sneakers (PRAISE) to bridal-inspired booties pop up on our radar. Scroll through for 18 non-traditional steppers that would do even the most offbeat bride proud.
1. Sophia Webster Mila Sandal Silver & Multi ($550): Springtime nuptials? Between the Easter Bunny pastels and playful zig-zag straps, these Sophia Webster stunners are the ish.
2. J.Crew Stella Bow Heels in Fuchsia ($218): Beyond gorgeous, indeed. For the blushing bride, may we recommend a pair of J.Crew’s totally crush-worthy bow-topped steppers?
3. Intentionally Blank Nest White & Clear Sandals ($169): Jusssstt in case you were toying with the idea of rocking a bridal-themed bathing suit, Intentionally Blank’s see-through low-heeled sandals will fo’sure fit the bill.
4. Peony by Joy Proctor French Blue Embroidered Wedding Booties ($405): You know what they say: If the bootie fits, wear it. Wedding bells will be ringing for the bride who manages to snag these elegant French blue floral embroidered babies.
5. Alexa Chung Flat Embroidered Espadrille ($280): Wedding nuptials in the Colorado Desert? A pair of flower-embroidered espadrilles will 100 percent rack up the festi-cool flair with a wide brim hat in tow.
6. & Other Stories Gathered Kitten Heel Boots ($195): These ruched kitten heel booties from & Other Stories will be a perfect match for your not-so-traditional bridal pantsuit.
7. Keds x Kate Spade New York Triple Decker Sneakers ($120): Should you find yourself dancing down the aisle, these flower-embellished triple decker sneakers à la Keds x Kate Spade New York will keep you in check. Pssst: They’re game for your honeymoon too.
8. Madewell The Kinley Mary Jane Mule ($128): A pair of Madewell’s ceaselessly chic Mary Jane-inspired mules — in vintage canvas, no less — is just what the bohemian bride ordered.
9. M.Gemi The Nube ($328): Test-drive the season’s naked shoe trend with M.Gemi’s latest, The Nube. The contemporary-minded, classically inspired navy pump, featuring breathable mesh panels, practically calls for a structured ball gown and an accompanying tiara.
10. Badgley Mischka Moyra Booties ($225): *Jaw drops.* These extra AF Badgley Mischka lace booties will be a forever staple in your post-wedding wardrobe.
11. EMU Australia Lavinia ($90): Suit up with some menswear-inspired Oxford flats — in rose gold, baby — that will take you from your “I dos” to the dance floor. A polished Le Smoking blazer certainly wouldn’t hurt either.
12. Frances Valentine Beatrix Metallic Leather Heels Light Blue ($495): For your “something blue.” Allow these architectural disco ball stunners from Frances Valentine to elevate a long-sleeved gown or cream-hued trousers.
13. Zara Flat Mules With Pearl Beads ($60): Complement a flowy sheath gown with some faux pearl embellished mules for a hint of understated glamour (and non-stop comfort).
14. Maryam Nassir Zadeh Olympia Wedge in Red Faux Lizard ($444): Go bold or go home with a pair of Maryam Nassir Zadeh’s traffic-stopping red-soled wedges. The transparent vinyl straps are bound to be a wedding day first.
15. Seychelles Ruffle a Few Sandals ($80): You officially have our permission to hike up your Carrie Bradshaw-inspired tulle skirt just a smidge — these poufy blush pink sandals were born to stand out.
16. Proenza Schouler Kitten Heel Wavy Pumps ($575): Dial up the drama with some wavy kitten heel pumps that pay testament to your inner HBIC. Werk.
17. Jeffrey Campbell Glass Slipper Heel ($128): Modern-day Cinderella types won’t be able to pass up these glass slipper heels made from clear plastic.
18. Loeffler Randall Laurel Twist Mule ($495): You asked for a happily ever after, and these souped-up metallic mules are here to deliver. The colorful multi-faceted gems are obvi our fave part.
Which of these alternative wedding shoe options will you be snagging for your big day? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.