18 Non-Traditional Shoe Options for Spring Brides
If you’re looking to break away from traditional wedding shoes — ahem, something besides predictable ivory ankle strap heels — just know you’ve got options. This season, everything from glammed-up wedding sneakers (PRAISE) to bridal-inspired booties pop up on our radar. Scroll through for 18 non-traditional steppers that would do even the most offbeat bride proud.
1. Sophia Webster Mila Sandal Silver & Multi ($550): Springtime nuptials? Between the Easter Bunny pastels and playful zig-zag straps, these Sophia Webster stunners are the ish.
2. J.Crew Stella Bow Heels in Fuchsia ($218): Beyond gorgeous, indeed. For the blushing bride, may we recommend a pair of J.Crew’s totally crush-worthy bow-topped steppers?
3. Intentionally Blank Nest White & Clear Sandals ($169): Jusssstt in case you were toying with the idea of rocking a bridal-themed bathing suit, Intentionally Blank’s see-through low-heeled sandals will fo’sure fit the bill.
4. Peony by Joy Proctor French Blue Embroidered Wedding Booties ($405): You know what they say: If the bootie fits, wear it. Wedding bells will be ringing for the bride who manages to snag these elegant French blue floral embroidered babies.
5. Alexa Chung Flat Embroidered Espadrille ($280): Wedding nuptials in the Colorado Desert? A pair of flower-embroidered espadrilles will 100 percent rack up the festi-cool flair with a wide brim hat in tow.
6. & Other Stories Gathered Kitten Heel Boots ($195): These ruched kitten heel booties from & Other Stories will be a perfect match for your not-so-traditional bridal pantsuit.
7. Keds x Kate Spade New York Triple Decker Sneakers ($120): Should you find yourself dancing down the aisle, these flower-embellished triple decker sneakers à la Keds x Kate Spade New York will keep you in check. Pssst: They’re game for your honeymoon too.
8. Madewell The Kinley Mary Jane Mule ($128): A pair of Madewell’s ceaselessly chic Mary Jane-inspired mules — in vintage canvas, no less — is just what the bohemian bride ordered.
10. Badgley Mischka Moyra Booties ($225): *Jaw drops.* These extra AF Badgley Mischka lace booties will be a forever staple in your post-wedding wardrobe.
11. EMU Australia Lavinia ($90): Suit up with some menswear-inspired Oxford flats — in rose gold, baby — that will take you from your “I dos” to the dance floor. A polished Le Smoking blazer certainly wouldn’t hurt either.
12. Frances Valentine Beatrix Metallic Leather Heels Light Blue ($495): For your “something blue.” Allow these architectural disco ball stunners from Frances Valentine to elevate a long-sleeved gown or cream-hued trousers.
13. Zara Flat Mules With Pearl Beads ($60): Complement a flowy sheath gown with some faux pearl embellished mules for a hint of understated glamour (and non-stop comfort).
14. Maryam Nassir Zadeh Olympia Wedge in Red Faux Lizard ($444): Go bold or go home with a pair of Maryam Nassir Zadeh’s traffic-stopping red-soled wedges. The transparent vinyl straps are bound to be a wedding day first.
15. Seychelles Ruffle a Few Sandals ($80): You officially have our permission to hike up your Carrie Bradshaw-inspired tulle skirt just a smidge — these poufy blush pink sandals were born to stand out.
16. Proenza Schouler Kitten Heel Wavy Pumps ($575): Dial up the drama with some wavy kitten heel pumps that pay testament to your inner HBIC. Werk.
17. Jeffrey Campbell Glass Slipper Heel ($128): Modern-day Cinderella types won’t be able to pass up these glass slipper heels made from clear plastic.
18. Loeffler Randall Laurel Twist Mule ($495): You asked for a happily ever after, and these souped-up metallic mules are here to deliver. The colorful multi-faceted gems are obvi our fave part.