New Celeb Trend: 9 Ways to Wear a Hand Chain like Anne Hathaway
We love a good statement necklace on the red carpet. Along with gorgeous gowns and perfect after-dark makeup, it’s all a part of the glamour we come to expect from the high-profile events — and really, what’s more lavish than a neckline dripping in jewels? Well, Anne Hathaway may have a hand in a just-as-stunning alternative: the embellished hand chain.
The Oscar winner showed off the James Banks hand candy (+ matching necklace) during the LA premier of the space thriller Interstellar. Dripping from her wrist to her metallic-tipped fingers, the appropriately star-studded piece, held together by thin chain and silver rings, stood out like the real deal against her silky midnight blue slip dress, giving a whole new meaning to the term “star-gazing.” While we keep our eyes peeled for more red carpet appearances from the ritzy accessory, here are nine hand chains from dainty trinkets to full-diva baubles that you can buy (and DIY!) now before the trend blasts off.
1. Rhinestone Hand Chain + Ring Set ($7): Dress up your everyday tee with a simple hand chain that steers more toward a traditional bracelet with its single rhinestone positioned high at the wrist. Add matching stackers to the same hand to round out the look.
2. Eriness Pyrite Hand Chain ($228): This slinky handmade chain is dotted with mini Pyrite “beads” to create a full-coverage piece that’s still somehow impossibly dainty.
3. Elea Ring to Wrist Cuff Bracelet ($119): A sleek rose gold cuff and matching ring make a chic set that’s as appropriate to wear to the office as it to don at your bestie’s wedding. Free of bells and whistles, this hand chain is one of the few that won’t tip you overboard paired with a bold mani.
4. aylinmadden Knuckle Ring Hand Chain ($20): Dip your digits into the hand chain trend with version that drapes just below the knuckles. Leave your wrist bauble free for a minimalist look or stack ’em with sturdy bangles for an eclectic contrast.
5. Jackpot Hand Piece ($35): Go full-diva with this eye-catching hand chain that has it all: Round-cut rhinestones! Emerald rhinestones! Thick and thin chain. Rock it with a vampy mani and a Beyoncé-level attitude.
6. Alex Mika Double Hand Chain ($88): This subtle yet striking rose gold number catches the light with white sapphires as it slinks from the loose bracelet to the interchangeable midi rings. Consider this an everyday go-to along with your delicate charm necklace and small stud earrings.
7. Johnnie Loves Rosie Layla Hand Chain ($14): We can always count on Johnnie Loves Rosie to put an offbeat and boldly colored twist on any jewelry trend. The hot pink rhinestone pennant is a standout on its own, though the chunky pewter ring chain takes the piece to the next level.
8. Catbird Kitten Mitten Supreme in Yellow Gold ($390): Leave it to Catbird to create the most timeless hand chain we’ve ever laid eyes on. This slim 14 karat gold chain is dressed up with 10 itty bitty white diamonds — all the more reason to justify the splurge.
9. DIY Beaded Hand Chain: Of course if you want to try the hand chain before you buy, there’s a hack for that. All it takes is chain, beads and basic jewelry tools and findings to create this on-trend piece. (via Swellmayde)
What are your thoughts on the hand chain trend? Is it a much needed twist on traditional arm candy or just much too much? Tell us in the comments below.
(Anne photo via US Weekly)