Keep Your Home Office Organized With This DIY Anthro-Inspired Tasseled Basket
It’s that time of year again. No matter how much we would love to avoid spring cleaning, we just can’t ignore our messy desk forever. So let’s take a deep breath, download a cleaning checklist printable, and take the opportunity to try a brand new DIY project. This beauty, inspired by the Anthropologie Tasseled Pera Basket ($52), is the perfect organizer for pencils, washi tape, and everything you have on your desk.
Materials and Tools:
1. Take your basket and draw a line of hot glue all around the upper edge. Then glue the blue yarn. Continue adding lines of glue around the basket, firmly pressing the yarn in as you go.
2. Wrap the yarn around your pointer finger 10 times.
3. Cut the bottom and the top of the yarn as shown below to create a fringe.
4. Glue the fringe as shown below.
5. Wrap the pink yarn around a notebook five times.
6. Tie a knot to create the head of the tassel. Then cut the bottom of the yarn to create the final tassel.
7. Use the hot glue to attach the long pink tassel.
8. Repeat to make 15 more tassels and glue them in place.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 to create more tassels, but this time use black yarn. Glue the black tassels in place and let everything completely cool.
10. Trim the long pink tassels so that they’re as long as the basket.
11. Trim the black tassels as shown below. They’re a bit shorter at the center and longer at the side.
Unfortunately, I didn’t find a straw basket at the dollar store, but if you have one, definitely go for it. Take the glue gun and draw a line of glue all around the upper edge of the basket. Attach the blue yarn, and keep on adding lines of glue as you go. Firmly press the yarn and continue until you have something similar to the picture above. At this point, wrap the pink yarn around your finger 10 times, then cut the bottom and top to create a fringe. Glue the fringe as shown in the picture above, and repeat.
Wrap the pink yarn around a notebook (or anything that is more or less as tall as your basket) five times. Tie a knot to create the head of the tassel, and then cut the bottom. Use the hot glue to glue the first pink tassel and repeat with more tassels.
Now it’s time to create 15 more tassels, but this time use black yarn. Glue the black tassels in place and let everything completely cool. Finally, trim the edges as shown above, and you’re done!
This basket doubles as a planter as well :)
How are you updating your desk during spring cleaning this year? Follow us on Pinterest for more easy ways to refresh your space.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.