Nothing can fight the way a special fur-ball unexpectedly tugs on your heartstrings. Then, before you know it, you’ve signed the adoption papers and piled chew toys on top of an expensive dating schedule and a recent career change. Thanks to technology, it will all be okay. Just start downloading your way back to sanity, one pet-friendly app at a time.
1. Map My Walk: Claiming to be the “#1 walking app,” this freebie isn’t just for your workout, though it’s great for tackling a workout and a dog walk. Otherwise, it’s perfect for keeping tabs on your new dog walker (or friendly next-door neighbor) by asking them to download this app and send you an update.
2. Planner Plus: Say goodbye to the chaos with this easy organizer, which can sync with multiple devices while tracking projects and events. Meaning you can simultaneously keep track of both a trip to your boss’s office and to the vet clinic.
3. Dog Whistle, Free Dog Trainer!: No one’s got time to run out and find a dog whistle to keep your dog from barking or train her how to sit. That’s why this app is free awesomeness on an Android.
DL It: Free on Android
4. P5 Dog Training by Purina Pro Plan: Want a dog trainer in the palm of your hand? Say hello to this free app, which provides step-by-step instructions, video demos and advice from top trainers.
5. Puppy Coach 101: If you’re feeling utterly lost on how to be a good dog mom, this app is your new life coach, as it provides advice on everything from teaching your dog her name to properly crate training her.
DL It: $2.99 on iOs
6. Pet First Aid: Is your dog acting a little odd? Does he have a warm nose, and are warm noses even normal, or was that because he was just asleep two seconds ago? Keep calm and turn to American Red Cross via their helpful, pet-focused app.
7. Pet Coach: Being a pet parent is much like being a human parent: It’s full of stressful unknowns. Luckily, you now have a coach always playing on your team now, with an app that makes it easy to pick the brains of vets and trainers, asking for advice on everything from health and nutrition to behavior advice. Bonus: It’s feline-friendly too!
8. iKibble: If you’re unsure whether a particular food item is pet-friendly or possibly hazardous, download this app and you’ll get dietary advice in seconds.
9. Wag!: Whether you need a walker this second or this month, this app is your jam. Beyond finding you a trustworthy pal, Wag! allows you to track your dog’s walks live on a map, then sends you a report card once the walk is complete. Though currently limited to Los Angeles and San Francisco, this app is expanding to other major cities very soon.
DL It: Free on iOs
10. BringFido: Never worry about traveling with your pet again thanks to this handy little app, which helps locate everything from pet-friendly hotels to pet-friendly beaches and walking paths in your area (no matter where you are).
DL It: Free on iOs
Want more tips on being a good pet mom or dad? Follow our pet board on Pinterest.