Has anyone noticed the amount of obtainable art rocking through the streets lately? We have, and it’s not just edible art, latte art and nail art. Now, it’s all about wearable art. If you feel intimidated by the thought of toting around a masterpiece, you’ll breathe easy after looking at these 13 purses that double as MoMa exhibits.
1. Infinite Candies Zipper Clutch ($56): This colorful brush-stroked clutch is definitely a painter’s dream. It’s perfectly sized to carry paint brushes and other must-have tools, while still leaving enough room for for your smartphone, digital camera and jewelry.
2. Art Pop Big Zipper Clutch ($106): It’s ready to hold all of your on-the-go essentials, and it’s handmade in California, making it even better!
3. Classic Satchel Bag -Sandbar ($152): Tropical landscape art not only takes you to the beach, but also takes you to the art museum.
4. Nod To Mod Barrel Satchel ($108): Still not sure if you are up for an artsy purse? Then start with a color-blocked satchel, a great intro to the wearable-art scene.
5. Diana Yokozuna Bag ($80): Is this really art? It’s always a question when it comes to the subject. And, yes it is. You have abstract art in this bag.
6. Chanel Canvas Paint Palette Flap Bag ($3,265): It’s Chanel magic. This palette bag instantly boosts your artsy-style sky high, and these colors are great from spring to fall.
7. Issey Miyake Tri-Color Wave Bag ($595): Geometric patterns are a solid style of modern art. The only complaint we have is, we wish it came in colors!
8. New Look Pop Art Zip Clutch ($12): This clutch is spying on you! It’s classic graphic-novel art, and it pretty much can go with anything you wear.
9. Prabal Gurung Abstract Art Shopping Bag Tote ($70): Is it too much? Nah. The more colors, the better. Plus, how great is that price!? A Prabal Gurung tote for $70 — that’s a deal!
10. Pop Art Satchel ($171): This satchel looks like it popped straight out from the canvas! Everyone needs at least one bag like this for their wardrobe, no matter your style.
11. Moschino Quilted Shoulder Bag ($1,265): Moschino’s Mickie D reference generated big buzz during Milan Fashion Week last February, and bloggers around the world were going nuts to grab this sensation. Be prepared for some junk-food art for this fall; it’s bound to be a big.
13. Face Card Clutch ($998): This little 4″ x 8″ clutch is larger than life when it comes to adding some art into your life.
What’s your favorite wearable art purses? What are your thoughts on carrying art around the town? Share with us below!