Tribal Nail Art: Ace These 18 Aztec-Inspired Manis
We’re not going to lie: tribal manis are what made us fall head over heals for nail art. With that eye-catching, any-color-goes palette and mix of wild patterns, could you really blame us? We’re completely set on acing the intricate Aztec-inspired designs for festival season, so we sourced our 18 fave nail art tutorials that show exactly how to turn your tips totally tribal. All it takes is a handful of bright polishes and some serious geometric inspiration to recreate these stand-out looks all spring and summer long.
1. Tribal Triangle Nail Art: Triangles are the cornerstone of the tribal-inspired look, so why not let them have their time in the spotlight? We’re nuts about how this design looks paired with that cutout midi ring. (via So Nailicious)
2. Easy Aztec Pattern: Don’t think for a moment that the tiny stripes and shapes of Aztec-inspired nail art have to be a chore—use a stencil to take the look to the max and keep the effort to a minimum. (via Minted Strawberry)
5. Studded Ikat Nails: This manicure takes tribal nail art to the next level. The shimmering metallic ikat nails wraps are expertly paired with a crescent of bold blue polish and a single gold stud. Perfection. (via So Nailicious)
10. Light Tribal Nails: This nail art is all about organized chaos. There’s something so graceful about the flow of the linear pattern, especially when it’s paired with a fierce contrast nail. (via Pshiiit)
11. Textured Tribal Nails: Outline your tribal-inspired shapes in a color other than black or white, and more specifically in this hot pink polish—it’s a genius move. Swoon with us, won’t you? (via So Nailicious)
12. Tribal Stripe Nail Art: Swirls, stripes, squiggles—this Aztec-inspired nail art has it all! Multicolored stripes create a paint-by-numbers like canvas that make this design much easier to achieve than it may seem. (via Lulu*s)
16. Pattern Play Nails: We do support a neutral nail when it comes to tribal manis: just take a look at this design to see why. The intricate details really pop against that nude polish. (via Uncovet)
Are you nuts about tribal nail art? Is it the colors or the shapes that get you goin’? What will your festival mani look like? Tell us in the comments below.