12 Essentials for a Romantic Dinner Date at Home
Everyone loves a dinner date with the one they love, but no one likes going out in the freezing cold, which presents a bit of a problem this time of year. However, there’s one oldie-but-goodie idea that solves your romantic dilemma: a dinner date at home! In order to make it date-night special, we’ve corralled 12 fun items to take your at-home date to the next level.
1. Copper-Wrapped Glasses ($56): This set of four copper-wrapped glasses adds just the right amount of sparkle to your beverages.
2. Cocktail Mixers ($27): From classic to spicy and tropical, these mixes can create a drink that pairs perfectly with any meal you cook up.
3. Heart Stirrers ($20): Speaking of cocktails and date nights, these drink stirrers were basically made for the night in question. These stirrers will keep your fancy creations tasting their best.
4. Sushi Kit ($20): If there ever was a reason to try making your own sushi, a date night at home is certainly it. With this kit, you’re only steps away from 48 pieces of sushi glory.
5. Pure Maple Syrup ($16): Breakfast for dinner is always a fun treat. If you’re going for banana pancakes or something equally as awesome, this maple syrup is the cherry on top of a unique dinner date for two.
6. Patterned Table Runner ($60): Add a little color to your table setting with this beautifully patterned table runner that features an eye-catching Mayan design.
7. Azul Dinner Napkin ($28): If you’re having a romantic night in, regular ol’ napkins simply won’t do. This elegantly designed napkin is printed on a fabric made of hemp and organic cotton.
8. BBQ Sauce ($8): Bring a bit of summer sunshine to your cozy night in with this hot and smoky sauce.
9. DIY Bitters Kit ($65): If cocktails are on the menu, take them to the next level with this DIY bitters kit.
10. Burrata and Mascarpone Kit ($25): If you plan to go all out and start dinner with an appetizer, cheese that you’ve made with your own two hands is simply the best way to do it. This kit contains everything you need to make eight entire batches of cheese. Did someone say leftovers?
11. Salted Chocolate Cookie Kit ($18): No dinner is complete without dessert. Chocolate chip cookies are the quintessential favorite of sweet tooths everywhere.
12. Eggs to My Bacon Towel ($24): At the end of it all, you’ve gotta do the dishes. This towel takes the date night romance all the way through to the end with one of the most adorable sayings.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.