No Reservations: 5 Menus for Your Next Date Night In
Is your favorite restaurant all booked up for date night? No problem. These five menus are all you need to host a romantic rendezvous for two at home, no reservations required. Take your pick of a diverse assortment of global and down-home eats — there’s sure to be an option that suits you and your honey’s dining style. Bon appétit!
1. Pad Thai Rollups (Vegan): Pad Thai meets fresh spring rolls to create these fab rollups. Dipped ’em in a flavorful peanut sauce — they’re practically a meal in and of themselves. (via Cruelty Free Family)
2. Yellow Curry With Chicken and Potato: A fragrant, creamy coconut sauce envelopes every piece of chicken, potato and vegetable in this authentic-yet-accessible curry. Serve it over steamed rice to soak up every last drop of the good stuff. (via Rachel Cooks Thai)
5. One-Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice: Your side dish, veggie AND protein are taken care of in one fell swoop with this fiesta-worthy skillet. While it bakes, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your appetizer and cocktails. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
7. Tequila Paloma: A pitcher of margaritas is always a solid choice, but why not shake things up with a batch of palomas. Zippy, freshly squeezed grapefruit and lime juice are an impeccable match for tequila and a splash of club soda. (via B.Britnell)
8. Oysters With Thyme Mignonette: A selection of vinegars seasoned with pepper, thyme and shallot enhances and complements briny, raw oysters. You won’t miss the usual cocktail sauce one bit. (via Garlic + Zest)
9. Spicy Kale Caesar Salad With Roasted Garlic: Here, kale stands up to the punchy, Sriracha-spiked Caesar it’s tossed with, no sweat. Using a few cloves of roasted garlic in place of croutons is a clever way to make this salad extra flavorful and naturally gluten-free. (via The Roasted Root)
10. Steak au Poivre: Believe it or not, making saucy, steakhouse-quality steaks at home is totally within reach. Not to mention, it’s way more budget-friendly than ordering ’em out. (via Food Network)
11. Chimichurri Cauliflower Steak (Vegan): These cauliflower “steaks” are both an excellent meat-free alternative and a tasty side dish that will please vegans and omnivores alike. (via Culinary Brodown)
Breakfast for Dinner
14. French Toast for Two: Thick slices of challah or your fave loaf are key to creating crisp-yet-custardy French toast; they’ll catch every last drizzle of maple syrup you pour their way. (via Two Delicious)
16. Clementine Champagne Cocktail: Made with candied clementine peel and a homemade citrus syrup, this cocktail takes your usual brunch mimosa and transforms it into an even more elegant concoction. (via Fashion Addicted Foodies)
17. Italian Chopped Salad With Marinated Chickpeas: All of the usual antipasti elements — cheese, salumi, artichoke hearts — are tossed together with lettuce and a homemade vinaigrette to create this irresistible salad. (via FoodieCrush)
19. Mini One Bowl Yellow Cake with Malted Chocolate Frosting: This itty bitty chocolate and vanilla cake is just the right size for two to share. (via The Cake Merchant)
What would go on your ideal date night menu? Share your ideas with us below!