The Art of the Beautiful Backsplash: 25 Kitchen Inspirations
Out of all the rooms to remodel, the kitchen has got to be the most intimidating. Built-in cupboards, spendy appliances, and big giant counter tops… yikes. No thanks. See ya never. Well, get this. We’re giving you an entire kitchen makeover by just doing one thing – presenting you with loads of inspiration to do your own epic backsplash. This is life changing stuff here, people.
1. Waterworks Tile: If you’re familiar with Waterworks, you know that everything they sell is 100 percent fabulous. Here are some of their Aladin tiles being use as a bar backsplash… suddenly we’re dying for a martini. (via Good Bones, Great Pieces)
2. Stainless Steel: When you think of a stainless steel backsplash, visions of hair-netted lunch ladies wearing yellow rubber gloves in your high school’s industrial kitchen probably come to mind. But cut that sleek stuff into squares and the effect is totally different and totally lunch-lady-vision free. (via HGTV)
6. Beaded Board: Snow White would have been all about this cottage vibe. Just apply beaded board to your wall, paint a fairy-tale like color, add a coat of waterproof sealant, and let those dwarfs go crazy. (via BHG)
7. Subway Tile: It’s all the rage right now for a reason. The stuff is beautiful in a totally unassuming way. And we’re totally loving the dark grout. It makes each tile really pop. (via Chevrons and Eclairs)
8. Turquoise Tile: If you’ve got a beach house… can we come? We’ll help you add a splash of color to your kitchen with turquoise tile… right after we spend the day sunning ourselves on the beach, of course (via House Beautiful)
9. Heath Tile: There’s hardly a ceramics company out there that we crush on harder than Heath. If you can make it to their factory store in Sausalito, CA, you can have their finery for up to 75 percent off. Oh, and yes. This is Mr. and Mrs. Big’s apartment from Sex and The City 2. And their bold blue backsplash is living large too. (via A Designer + A Contractor)
11. Green Backsplash: Alfonso Cuaron would undoubtedly be down with the green hues in this kitchen. Real reasons to rock viridescent in the kitchen? It represents health, so maybe, just maybe we’d think twice about eating our fourth cookies… but… nah. (via BHG)
12. Creative Collage: We’re not going to lie. Tiles can get expensive. But you just have to have them! Solution: Go to the flea market and thrift store, find odds and ends, and create a collage. (via House to Home)
15. Chalkboard: There are lots of reasons we like a chalkboard backsplash. You can redecorate every month, (polka dots for March, chevron in August), and you can write your grocery list right there! Genius! (via Room Decorating Ideas)
20. Ombre: Please direct your attention past the couch and into the kitchen. That is an ombre backsplash. And it is fabulous. (via Aiya’s Studio)
Big on one of these backsplashes? Let us know in the comments below!