The 14 Most Colorful Major Appliances Ever
This is what we learned while putting together our list of rainbow-ed appliances.
1. The U.S. is running a little behind on the technicolor appliance craze.
2. People with mad stacks of cash are way ahead of the technicolor appliance craze.
So while most of these lookers are out of our vicinity and price range, a girl can dream, can’t she?
1. French Top Gas Range (call to inquire about pricing): We couldn’t find the exact price for this model, but trust that BlueStar ranges aren’t for the casual kitchen cook. Also not joking around? The 190 colors to choose from. (via Houzz)
2. Genesi (contact to order): You have to import this collection from Europe or the Middle East, but chances are, if you’re in the market for appliances of this caliber (read $$$$), overnighting them to your doorstep isn’t a problem.
3. Falcon Range (contact to order): Sexy is not a word we’d usually assign to a cooking range, but today, we are. British-only-brand Falcon used to offer some splashier colors, but you can still get your hands on a stunner in China blue, cherry red, and cranberry.
4. Wall-Mount LED Fireplace ($1,800): Please excuse the render. But this is something we can actually buy in our country, so we had to include. No matter if you live in a teeny tiny apartment or a mod, top-floor penthouse, you’ve got space for this hot little number.
5. Hob Knob (starting at $9,325): Can’t commit to that much color? This one’s for you. Wolf has designed a sleek range that lends a touch of whimsy to your super serious kitchen with red burner turners. Yes, that is the technical term.
6. Kickback Classics ($4,900): If you’re a dead ringer for Betty Page, this is how you’re going to vamp up your kitchen. Northstar ranges pull strong inspiration from the ‘50s. In case you have your doubts, all models are named after years from the decade. And we dig it, man.
7. Century Old Style ($10,500 and up): Don’t balk at the price tag. Okay do, but understand that’s the kind of green you can demand when you’ve been crafting stoves in France since 1908. If we didn’t know better, we’d swear it was designed by Marie Antoinette. Own it, and something tells us you’ll be eating cake. Lots and lots of cake.
8. Gorenji (visit website for stockists): From iPod docking to carbon fiber, Gorenji’s fridges have been turning heads on every continent except North America. They really do go where no cooler has gone before, including with their hues.
9. Smeg Refrigerators (visit website to find stores): 10 vibrant colors, one retro-inspired look, and one designer-y family business straight out of Italy. It all adds up to a fridge that really is the keeper of cool. (image via Honeysuckle Life)
10. Bertazzoni 6-Burner ($6,699): You guys. How can we all get one of these in our homes? Or better yet, our office?! We don’t even want to cook with it. We just want to look at it. It really does border on art form. (image via New York Space)
11. New World Double Oven: We wish this wasn’t another blurry render! New World’s website screams “A Colourful Life.” Indeed! And no, that was not a typo on color. To get your hands on this sassy plum number, you need to live in its birthplace across the pond.
12. A Grill Of Another Color (contact for pricing information): We hate to keep showing you the technicolor dream happening over in Europe, but we just can’t help ourselves. And let’s face it. As pretty as these outdoor grills are, aren’t they just shiny park grills with prettily painted pedestals. We can handle this project, right?
13. Washi & Dryer: You know how we keep talking Europe this, Europe that? Well this is us making it up to you. Chances are, you already have a white washer and dryer, just add a dab of color with one of Brit + Co.’s favorite products: Washi tape! (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. Big Chill Collection (from $5,495): At Big Chill, they hardly chill on the color. Every one of their appliances is offered in an array of Mad Men-esque shades.
What do you think? Are you going to have a riot of color in the kitchen? Let us know in the comments!