The season for backyard hangs is in full swing, and that means it’s time to transform your outdoor space into the ultimate chill pad. So if you’re looking to flip a piece of furniture that’s grown old or are ready to tackle a full-on patio makeover, this list will get your creative juices flowing. Check out the 16 garden decor DIYs below and start crafting your way to the party-ready retreat of your dreams.
1. DIY Cacti Outline Pillow DIY: Even if you’re not #blessed with a green thumb, you can still bring those cacti desert vibes to your space. Just a few steps stand between you and these cozy new throw pillows. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Pool Float Holder: Wrangle those flamingo, emoji, and donut floaties for easy access all summer long. The clever, DIYable contraption will ensure that your trendy pool pals never blow away. (via The Merrythought)
4. DIY Outdoor Umbrella: Sunning is relaxing AF, but you *need* to protect that skin of yours. Take a break from the rays in style by giving your outdoor umbrella a dreamy, fringe-tastic makeover. (via Designlovefest)
5. DIY Copper Planters: Move over, diamonds, ’cause it’s time to shine bright like a *planter.* Swap out your basic terra cotta pots for these metallic gems with an easy peasy instructional. (via Garvin and Co)
6. DIY Cooler Box: Aloha, indeed! Forget about running in and out for cold drinks or toting around a lame cooler. This wonder is going to be the hit of any party — especially once you fill it with bubbly. (via Brit + Co)
7. Hanging Herb Garden: Summer salads, side dishes, and refreshing drinks all have one thing in common — fresh herbs! You’ll save major money and enjoy tasty treats by making your very own hanging herb garden. (via Homesteading)
8. DIY Iron-On Picnic Blanket: A summer-lovin’ blanket will keep you havin’ a blast all season long. If you have a printer, an iron, and a basic blanket, you can sunbathe on this baby for days. (via Lovely Indeed)
9. DIY Neon Ombre Chairs: Turn your generic patio chairs into a totally swoon-worthy set. The dip-dyed style is an uber trendy way to brighten up your backyard decor *and* it only requires a few cans of neon spray paint! (via I Spy DIY)
11. DIY Stitched Screen Door: Think of your screen door as the perfect blank canvas. Pick a word or phrase that will welcome guests to your backyard bashes, and then get to stitching! (via Design Sponge)
12. DIY Tree Swing: Even if you never take it for a spin, a tree swing will make your patio look super whimsical. Keep the simple project plain or add some bright detailing — your tree swing, your rules. (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. DIY Monogram Planter: Personalize your backyard in a big and bold way with your initial. When all’s said and done, you’ll have a living garden wall that’s literally made for you. (via Remodelaholic)
16. Wire Basket Side Table: Need a few more poolside surfaces? Transform a standard, wire basket into a classy table. Spray paint it with a fun, summery shade, flip it over, and then top it with an old barstool seat. (via The Shabby Creek Cottage)
Want even more DIY ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!