22 Decor Ideas to Bring Some Valentine’s Day Love Home
Whether you think Valentine’s Day is a holiday created by Hallmark or a true testament to the season of love, we don’t doubt that you’ll be celebrating in some form on February 14. Are you hosting a galentine’s gathering with wine and chocolate galore? Perhaps you want to go all-out for a private night in with you and your sweetie. Or maybe, just maybe, you want to DIY a heart-shaped paper garland, and then use it as a cat toy. Whatever your plans may be, we have you covered with 22 sweet decor ideas to get your pad all decked out.
2. Conversation Heart Confetti: We love the cheesy conversation heart sayings, so we thought, why not make our own? Scatter this DIY confetti around your apartment for a flirty vibe, or gather some up to toss at just the right romantic moment. (via Brit + Co)
6. Giant Ombre Heart: Hang this pretty eye-catching piece in the middle of your room to tie the space together. You could even use it as a framing device for a photo booth sesh. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. Air Plant Wall Art, Valentine’s Edition: Our cute kit has all you need to make a pink, red and white masterpiece. Try using roses or other blossoms for a splash of color, then swap ’em out with air plants for a more permanent exhibition. (via Brit + Co)
13. Conversation Heart Banner: Borrow from the classic conversation heart sayings or make your own inspired quotes. If it’s just you and your sweetie, line the hearts with inside jokes and favorite phrases to show how much you care. (via Hello Little Home)
15. Heart Balloon Piñata: How sweet is this idea? You and your love write your favorite memories from the past year on strips of paper, then blow them up in heart-shaped balloons. Spend the night popping each one and revealing and reliving the memories together. (via Kristi Murphy)
16. Stuffed Gold Heart Garland: These plush lovelies are a great option for hanging on your mantel or from the ceiling. The best part? This gilded garland would look great any time of the year. (via The Alison Show)
17. Giant Geometric Wall Art Heart: Pink and gold paper make for a color scheme that’s equal parts sweet and sexy. A bold piece of artwork like this is sure to set some hearts aflutter. (via Oleander and Palm)
Which of these heart-tastic DIYs are you most excited to try? Planning a party of your own? Tell us all about it in the comments below!