Banana Bun Hairstyles Are Here to Bring Out Your Inner French Girl
No one mixes street style-approved elegance with lazy-girl chic quite like French women. From their trend-setting fashion to enviable beauty routines, we are here for living la vie en rose. The latest fabulous French style to catch our attention is tailor made for laid-back ladies everywhere who value the ease of a good ponytail. The must-do hair trend of the season is officially banana buns — and they are taking over Pinterest. Part French twist, part knotted pony, this French-girl hairstyle is their messy take on a classic updo. Just hastily roll, twist, or knot your hair at the nape of your neck, and secure with a handful of bobby pins FTW. Scroll down for eight banana buns that are rocking our style stateside.
1. Twisted Low Bun: Messy, second-day hair? No worries! Twist your hair into a small bun and tug on a few strands for a chic woke-up-like-this look. (Photo via Tendances de Mode)
2. Tomboy Ballerina: Long hair, don’t care! Embrace your length by pinning strands in a ballerina side bun that’s perfect for any occasion. (Photo via Lucky Magazine)
3. Curly Bun: Don’t let your curly strands get in the way of a perfectly good, effortless updo! This hairstyle pairs as well with couch surfing as it does with an elegant, beach wedding. (Photo via Sis Hair)
4. Twist and Shout: How can you say no to this hairdo? Tie a low bun at the nape of your neck and wrap excess strands around your hair tie for a devil-may-care vibe. Rock this style at your next concert or outing with the girls. (Photo via Vogue-ish)
5. Knotty Pony: Give your pony some pizzazz with this knot ‘do. Split your hair low and twist into a knot. Leave the ends of your long locks free, then mess up the strands for a girl-next-door vibe that’s hard to ignore. (Photo via They All Hate Us)
6. Classic and Clean: If you are taking a tamer approach, this style is for you. Secure a low knot with a hand full of bobby pins and keep the rest sleek via styling pomade. (Photo via The Right Hairstyles)
7. Sleek Twisted Pony: When you want maximum impact with minimal effort, opt for a sleek twisted pony that defies gravity. Keep it sleek in the front so you can rock a party in the back. (Photo via Her New Tribe)
8. Workday Bun: Give your workday look a whole new lift with this messy banana bun. Free your fringe and let your layers hang loosely from nine-to-five, then pin back come cocktail time. (Photo via VP Fashion Blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.