Banana Bun Hairstyles Are Here to Bring Out Your Inner French Girl
No one mixes street style-approved elegance with lazy-girl chic quite like French women. From their trend-setting fashion to enviable beauty routines, we are here for living la vie en rose. The latest fabulous French style to catch our attention is tailor made for laid-back ladies everywhere who value the ease of a good ponytail. The must-do hair trend of the season is officially banana buns — and they are taking over Pinterest. Part French twist, part knotted pony, this French-girl hairstyle is their messy take on a classic updo. Just hastily roll, twist, or knot your hair at the nape of your neck, and secure with a handful of bobby pins FTW. Scroll down for eight banana buns that are rocking our style stateside.
1. Twisted Low Bun: Messy, second-day hair? No worries! Twist your hair into a small bun and tug on a few strands for a chic woke-up-like-this look. (Photo via Tendances de Mode)
2. Tomboy Ballerina: Long hair, don’t care! Embrace your length by pinning strands in a ballerina side bun that’s perfect for any occasion. (Photo via Lucky Magazine)
3. Curly Bun: Don’t let your curly strands get in the way of a perfectly good, effortless updo! This hairstyle pairs as well with couch surfing as it does with an elegant, beach wedding. (Photo via Sis Hair)
4. Twist and Shout: How can you say no to this hairdo? Tie a low bun at the nape of your neck and wrap excess strands around your hair tie for a devil-may-care vibe. Rock this style at your next concert or outing with the girls. (Photo via Vogue-ish)
5. Knotty Pony: Give your pony some pizzazz with this knot ‘do. Split your hair low and twist into a knot. Leave the ends of your long locks free, then mess up the strands for a girl-next-door vibe that’s hard to ignore. (Photo via They All Hate Us)
6. Classic and Clean: If you are taking a tamer approach, this style is for you. Secure a low knot with a hand full of bobby pins and keep the rest sleek via styling pomade. (Photo via The Right Hairstyles)
7. Sleek Twisted Pony: When you want maximum impact with minimal effort, opt for a sleek twisted pony that defies gravity. Keep it sleek in the front so you can rock a party in the back. (Photo via Her New Tribe)
8. Workday Bun: Give your workday look a whole new lift with this messy banana bun. Free your fringe and let your layers hang loosely from nine-to-five, then pin back come cocktail time. (Photo via VP Fashion Blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)