16 Creative Ways to Use Basil Pesto
Every time we come across a jar of pesto, we have the strong urge to eat it by the spoonful. It’s so darn delicious! Mixing together basil, olive oil and toasty nuts creates that perfectly balanced sauce that we all know and love. If you’re like us, you probably have a jar of it in your fridge, just waiting to be used. No worries! We have 16 creative ways to make the most of the ever popular pesto.
2. Rustic Chicken and Pesto Tarts: Tarts are basically a jack of all trades. They can be both sweet or savory. This rustic tart is just begging to be served at your next small dinner party. (via A Soulful Appetite)
3. Roasted Corn and Pesto Quinoa Pizza: When we said innovative, we really meant innovative! Who ever thought the words corn, pesto and quinoa would be used to describe a single dish? (via Almonds + Avocados)
4. Pesto Tortellini Salad With Asparagus: Working with tortellini automatically makes you seem like a professional chef. We suggest serving this to wow all of your friends instead of a boring ol’ macaroni salad. (via The Kitchen is My Playground)
5. Crispy Green Beans With Pesto: You know when you were little and your parents could never get you to eat your green beans? If they tasted like this, you probably would’ve gobbled them down in less than 10 seconds. (via Not Enough Cinnamon)
7. Green Beer Cheese Soup With Pesto Croutons: We initially included this recipe for the actual croutons themselves, but who wouldn’t want a bowl of cheesy green soup spiked with beer? We dare you to try this out for dinner tonight. (via The Beeroness)
9. Pesto Cornbread With Garlic Scallion Butter: Cornbread is often thought of as a dish for the fall, but summer definitely deserves a little bit of the fun. This herb-filled bread would make an excellent addition to your picnic basket. (via Little Kitchie)
10. Grilled Chicken Sandwich With Pesto Goat Cheese Spread: Just look at that cheesy pesto spread oozing out from underneath the grilled chicken. Drool. (via Food People Want)
Which basil-filled recipe will be making an appearance in your kitchen soon? Let us know in the comments below!