20 Tart Recipes That Are Totally Mouthwatering
In a world where pies gets all the press, tarts are often overlooked, which is why we're giving you 20 tempting tart recipes, both savory and sweet. No fancy lattice work here, just the best kind of flakiness — that would be the butter-created kind — that people everywhere fawn over. We've found a few personal-size treats, but for a more portable take, definitely check out our collection of handheld tarts (aka homemade Pop Tarts)!
4. Swiss Chard and Saffron Tart: A yeasted tart crust? What sorcery is this? Only the most delicious, shockingly free of butter kind. (via Chef Marcus Samuelsson)
6. Asparagus Tart With Caramelized Onions: A healthy dose of freshly ground black pepper enlivens the crust of this gorgeous, Greek yogurt custard and veggie tart. (via Gourmantine)
10. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Tart: Toss squash, onions and a few flavor-boosters together into a no-chill tart crust, dollop with goat cheese, drizzle with honey and bake. You’ve definitely got this. (via 10th Kitchen)
12. Pear and Blue Cheese Tart: This sweet-savory combo is baked atop flaky puff pastry. (via The Tart Tart)
16. Roasted Shallot, Mushroom and Smoked Sausage Tart: We'll take a slice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (via The Framed Table)
18. Smoked Salmon Potato Tartine: A genius potato tartine that's a cross between a giant hash brown and latke serves as crust for this to-die-for dish. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
20. Spinach and Feta Tart: All the flavors of spanakopita are packed into this streamlined tart. (via What 2 Cook)
The best thing about these tart recipes is that there's *at least* one for everyone. With both sweet and savory, you can have a tart 4 course meal!
What pastry team are you on? Pie, tart or cake? For more fun recipes, check out our Pinterest @britandco!
- Savory Galette Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- Elegant Mini Millionaire Shortbread Tart Recipe That Is Secretly ... ›
- From Savory to Sweet: 15 Delicious Pop-Tart Recipes - Brit + Co ›