With that hot weather upon us, hours spent on the beach are a given. It’s the perfect place to take in easy reads, get a little swimming in or even take a solid nap (just remember the SPF, please). If you’re hanging with a crowd though, you may want to get a little more hands-on activity going. Check out these games that are sure to be a blast with family, friends and even your dog.
1. Beach Ball ($15): There’s no way to avoid fun with a ball this sunny and colorful. It’s a great way to get a game of volleyball started, or even to just pass back and forth while wading.
3. Floating Joust ($30): Don’t get pushy… unless you’re trying to knock your pals off of their raft in this floating joust game. We know this one’s bound to be a blast.
4. Badminton Set ($68): Get that birdie out and have a blast serving up fun for hours. Now you can actually get a workout in on the beach.
5. Speakers ($59): Speakers are essential for any beach trip, especially if you’re looking to play Name That Tune or Musical Beach Towels. This set allows you to safely store your tablet away from the pesky sand.
11. Dominoes: Little sets of dominoes could get lost in the sand. You won’t have to worry about that with this oversized set. It would be the perfect addition to a week at the beach house. (via Iron and Twine)
14. Painted Rocks for Sand Darts: Yep, you can bring bar games to the sandy shore. Painted rocks and concentric circles drawn in the sand make for a pretty sweet darts game with the easiest setup ever. (via Alisa Burke)
What games do you like to play at the beach? Let us know in the comments!