Summer is in the air, and we’ve got seaside nuptials on the brain. While classic ball gowns and statuesque column dresses are the definitions of traditional (stunning) wedding dresses, an event in the sand calls for something with a more free-wheelin’ vibe. Think breezy silhouettes, lightweight fabrics, sassy slits, and off-the-shoulder necklines. Whether you’re eloping or throwing the blowout bash of the century, the 11 beach wedding dresses below will ensure you do it in style. The only thing missing? A succulent crown, romantic ‘do, and a dreamy waterfront venue.
1. Love Shack Fancy Naomi Skirt ($295) + Lola Crop Top ($195): Trimmed with swingy fringe and graphic hand-knotted macrame, this two-piece dream was practically made for seaside vows with your toes in the sand. Just add a statement flower crown and beachy waves for the ultimate bohemian ensemble.
2. Reformation Poppy Dress ($388): You’ll feel like a modern-day Juliet (minus the tragic ending, of course) in this off-the-shoulder stunner that exudes romance and elegance. Ground your waterfront ensemble in sophisticated territory by opting for a sleek low chignon, statement earrings, and a natural glow FTW.
3. Needle & Thread Brisa Dress ($370): Channel your inner bohemian goddess by strutting your stuff in this OMG-worthy gown. Between the shimmery beaded bodice and ethereal tulle skirt, you can guarantee all eyes will be on you all night long.
4. Aijek Lace Maxi Dress ($443): Classic lace might not be calling your name, but this edgy interpretation of a timeless style is sure to steal your heart. Perfect for a low-key beach bash — complete with bonfires and dancing under the stars — pair it with sideswept locks and lace-up sandals for an effortless ensemble that will do your #OOTD following proud.
5. Halston Heritage Twist-Front Stretch-Cady Gown ($375): Slipping into this statuesque dress is a straight-shot to sartorial glory. The perfect balance of comfort and sophistication, the gown allows you to transition through the festivities sans problem. Jazz it up with a romantic curled updo and celestial hairpiece for a jaw-dropping getup that’s out of this world.
6. Farm Rio Oahu Off-the-Shoulder Eyelet Dress ($228): Love the idea of a wedding dress you can actually wear again (and again)? This is it. The airy design and dainty eyelet will never lose their appeal — whether you’re exchanging vows at water’s edge, or strolling along the Tuscan Coast, gelato in hand.
7. L’Agence Penelope Tiered Silk Gown ($318): Who needs a big white dress when you can rock this stunner instead? The subtle front slit will help keep you cool when things start to heat up, while the lightweight fabric will lend your look an easy breezy, fuss-free feel.
8. Rachel Zoe Rayne One-Shoulder Tiered Corded Lace Gown ($478): Who knew lace could look this cool? The one-shoulder neckline and tiered structure transform an otherwise classic gown into a bonafide scene-stealer. After the “I do’s,” bring up the hemline for a playful look you can wear again.
9. Zimmermann Sueded Silk Plunge Short Dress ($475): An exotic elopement calls for a short-and-simple yet totally sassy dress that will make bae do a double take. Elevate the look with an embellished belt, bombshell waves, and a cascading textured bouquet.
10. Farm Rio Solana Dress ($198): Boasting a decidedly toes-in-the-sand spirit, this retro midi is just about as dreamy as they come. Play up the frock’s free-spirited flair with a lush floral halo, a loosely tied bouquet, and bright statement earrings.
11. For Love & Lemons Cosmic Midi Lace ($311): A far cry from your average A-line, this eye-catching lace midi dress is jam-packed with good-time summer vibes. Strategically placed georgette ruffles and delicate sheer lace are at once sweet and sexy — just how you like it. Top the ensemble off with a gilded bridal crown and a romantic updo for a look that’s guaranteed to make bridal history.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.