This Is the Easiest ’90s Dog Costume You Can Make This Halloween
We cannot believe that Halloween is practically here! We have faith that you’ve been working on your costume for a couple weeks by now, and prepping all your Halloween treats and cocktails, but what about your pet’s costume? If you are crunched for time and looking for a last-minute fix, we have the perfect solution that will take you under 10 minutes: a Beanie Baby tag.
As a kid of the 2000s, I am no stranger to the Beanie Baby. Shout out to all of you who tried to collect every single one which was only possible because your parents thought it would turn into a collectors’ item (still waiting…) Also, let’s not forget when McDonald’s sold mini Beanie Babies in their Happy Meals. Hey, McDonald’s — can we get all day breakfast and Beanie Baby toys?
You just need some red and white felt for this tutorial, as well as your trust glue gun and some ribbon. Now tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen.
Materials + Tools
- TY print out
- White felt
- Red felt
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric scissors
Place the paper printout on top of the red felt and cut out the heart shape.
Repeat the same process by putting the paper print out on top of the white felt and cutting out the letters T and Y.
Hot glue the letters in place to mimic the TY logo.
Attach ribbon on the back of the heart using hot glue.
To summarize, all you have to do is:
- Print out the TY logo on computer paper.
- Tape the logo to a piece of red felt and cut out the heart shape.
- Place the paper logo on white felt and cut out the letters “TY”.
- Hot glue the letters to the heart and attach ribbon to the back.
Turkey is by far the cutest Beanie Baby around :) Can you imagine getting this Beanie Baby in your Happy Meal? Score!
This post has been updated.
- 37 Baby Costume Ideas For Halloween - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Genius DIY Mom and Baby Halloween Costumes - Brit + Co ›
- 48 Dog Halloween Costume Ideas - Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Scarves, Beanies, And Balaclavas — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- The 90s Toys That Made Our Childhoods — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›