81 of the Best Dog Halloween Costume Ideas for Your Pooch
Halloween just wouldn’t be the same without your best friend. That’s why we at Brit + Co want to give you plenty of options when it comes to picking out a costume for your pooch. From funny dog costume ideas (let’s face it, they’re all funny) to the downright adorable, these costumes will give you endless inspo for your other pet Halloween costumes as well. Here are some of our faves.
1. DIY Dim Sum Costume: If you use real dim sum you could even have a snack at the end of the night! (via Brit + Co)
2. Beetlejuice Costume ($16+): We promise when you take off the costume, your adorable little pup will still be there — no tricky spirits here.
3. DIY Abu Costume: Fun for the whole family, and easy too. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Hipster Costume: Much less annoying than the one who wants to know all about alternative kinds of milk, this pup only wants to know about alternative treats! (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Eeyore Costume: Perfect for the pup you just can’t get out on a walk. Dress him up and let him sleep in it! (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Pikachu Costume: This poor Boston terrier looks a little worse for wear! We’re guessing he’s ready to get back into his Pokeball. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Vulpix Costume: Ready for a battle, this fire-breathing Corgi is one to watch out for. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Strawberry Costume: Adorable and at peak freshness! (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Piñata Costume: Trust us when we tell you what comes out of this pup is not candy. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Elf Costume: He makes a mean mug of hot chocolate! (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Donut Costume:Do-nut believe her face; she loves this costume. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Taco Costume: This will turn your pup into the most adorable taco you’ve ever laid eyes on, and it’ll keep him warm like a little meat sweater. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Turkey Costume: Easy, and the perfect way to get you into the Thanksgiving spirit a little early. (via Brit + Co)
14. DIY Togepi Costume: Purse dog turned Poké-dog. (via Brit + Co)
15. DIY Fourth of July Costume: Since your pooch was probably too scared to enjoy the festivities on July 4, she can enjoy it a little later, firework-free. (via Brit + Co)
16. DIY Beanie Baby Costume: Adorable, to the point, and just as cuddly as the ones you had as a kid. (via Brit + Co)
17. DIY Pup-Cake Costume: This is the sweetest costume we’ve ever seen for a dog! The best part is you can make it at home. (via Lovely Indeed)
18. Triceratops Costume ($14): This costume might consist of only a headpiece, but it’s one of our favorites. It fits his little head just like a glove!
19. DIY Gnome Costume: Perfect for prancing around the garden. (via Brit + Co)
20. DIY Pineapple Costume: So simple and totally adorbs, even if this little guy’s expression is not exactly sweet. (via Brit + Co)
21. Where’s Waldo Costume ($20): Those glasses are incredible. Simple as that.
22. DIY Latte Costume: Coffee is your friend. So is your dog. (via Brit + Co)
23. DIY Unicorn Costume: Because our pups are just as magical as these fictional creatures. (via Brit + Co)
24. Bacon Costume ($21): Just make sure your dog doesn’t try to eat himself. This is our perfect brunch companion.
25. DIY Bjork Costume: Remember this infamous getup Bjork wore back in the day?! Even though your dog probably doesn’t, you should def dress him/her up as this. Prepare to have to provide a bit of context, though, because this one is *not* your average dog costume. (via Brit + Co)
26. Peacock Dog Costume ($17): Those feathers are so pretty, even if he doesn’t seem to care.
27. DIY Teddy Bear Costume: A costume so cozy your dog won’t want to take it off. (via Brit + Co)
28. DIY Superman Costume: Ready to save the day! This pup might not be able to fly, but she can fetch *really* well. (via Brit + Co)
29. DIY House from UP Costume: We can assure you your dog will not float away. (via Brit + Co)
30. Playboy Bunny Costume ($13+): Tell us what club this good boy works at and we will be first in line.
31. Business Dog Costume ($20): All work and no play makes for a seriously cute doggo costume.
32. Ewok Costume ($10+): Ewoks are cute and cuddly to begin with, so we can only imagine how much sweeter this look will be with your own pup inside.
33. Walrus Costume ($50): This photo is perfect in every single way. If ever there was a dog born to dress up as a walrus, this is it.
34. Darth Vader Costume ($19): The force is strong with this one! (But we can all agree that Darth Vader was never this cute.)
35. Walking Pirate Costume ($20): Arrr, matey. Give your best canine companion a taste of the salty sea air.
36. Piñata Costume ($32+): Is this made out of pup-er mâché? She looks up for anything!
37. Doctor Dog Costume ($25): Who cares about Dr. McDreamy’s exit? This adorable pup has already stolen our hearts.
38. Holy Hound Costume ($14+): He’s praying before bed every night — for more treats of course!
39. Lobster Costume ($13+): We will for sure be stealing this crustation out of the tank to take home and rescue. No steaming for this good boy!
40. Gingerbread Dog Costume ($26+): Run, run, just as fast as you can …
41. Cowboy Rider Costume ($13+): If you’ve ever wanted to ride on your dog’s back, you can safely let this little cowboy do it for you.
42. Sunflower Costume ($14): Just like a flower plucked straight from your garden. We can’t guarantee this pup will smell quite as fresh, though.
43. Tarantula Costume ($13): Just as scary as a spider on your wall!
44. Mystery Machine Costume ($30): And he would have gotten away for it if it wasn’t for those pesky kids!
45. S’more Costume ($29): What’s sweeter than your fave dog dressed as your fave sweet treat? NOTHING.
46. Star Wars AT-AT Costume ($38): We’ve seen a *lot* of Star Wars dog costumes in our day but this may be the best one yet.
47. Carrying Piano Costume ($39): If only we could find local movers who carried pianos so effortlessly while remaining so adorable.
48. Teddy Bear Costume ($12+): Perfect for cuddling, costume or not.
49. Banana Costume ($8+): This costume has major a-peel.
50. Boxing Dog ($23): Huge bonus if you get this costume for your Boxer! Ironic *and* funny.
51. Firefighter Costume ($44): Pup to the rescue! This guy might be small, but he will protect you at all costs.
52. Watermelon Costume ($25): Warm, cozy, and so sweet it’s practically edible.
53. Sushi Dog ($14+): You know this guy is trying to figure out how to eat that salmon on his back!
54. Hot Dog Costume ($8+): How can you resist the hot dog pun? Answer: You can’t.
55. Beauty and the Beast Costume ($26+): Required: an insanely cute child dressed as the beast to accompany this adorable dog.
56. Hula Dog Costume ($11+): Treats will definitely get this dog dancing.
57. Cowboy Costume ($9): We would suggest filling the holster with treats.
58. Princess Costume ($12+): This is the prettiest dog princess we’ve ever seen! Bow-wow-wow to royalty.
59. Batman Costume ($22+): Got two pups? Dress the other one up as Robin, and you have an unstoppable duo.
60. Little Red Riding Hood Costume ($10+): She was just trying to take some treats to grandma’s house.
61. Ghostbusters Costume ($12+): Because nothing beats dogs in jumpsuits — except dogs in jumpsuits saving the world.
62. Camel Costume ($25): Never had the chance to ride a camel over sandy dunes? Walking one on the sidewalk is pretty much the same!
63. Astronaut Costume ($15): One small step for a pup, one giant leap for dogkind.
64. Harry Potter Costume ($36+): Pipe cleaners as glasses and a lightning bolt scar would put this costume — that is also a harness, so.smart. — over the top.
65. Christmas Tree Costume ($15): This dog is hoping he will wake up surrounded by presents in the form of treats… to share of course.
66. Werewolf Costume ($10+): Is that a full moon we spy up in the sky? Watch out for this sweet werewolf!
67. Ghost Costume ($43): The most classic costume of all time, sized perfectly for your pooch.
68. Thanksgiving Turkey ($8+): Gobble gobble!
69. Monkey Costume ($25): Dressing animals up as other animals is never a bad idea. Bananas not included!
70. Yacht Admiral Costume ($70): Step aboard the ship and give this pup some help — his little legs can’t reach the wheel!
71. Dumbo Costume ($17+): The ears on this costume are as jumbo as this puppy’s face! Give him a feather and watch him take off.
72. Shark Costume ($11+): Dun dun… dun dun… dun dun!
73.Cheerleader Costume ($11+): Those pom-pom paws! This doggo gives us all the school spirit we need.
74. Monarch Butterfly Costume ($18): Fly away, butterfly, and add a bark to boot!
75. Groot Costume ($22): Groot can only make one sound but it means so many things — just like your dog’s bark.
76. Pink Dinosaur Costume ($14+): Millennial pink meets Jurassic Park in this creative twist on the prehistoric disguise.
77: Devil Costume ($15+): For the dog who loves to chew shoes — and everything else within reach.
78. Giraffe Costume ($18+): Even if your pet is small in stature, Halloween is the perfect chance to let her live out her tallest-of-all dreams.
79. Beer Can Costume ($17): For those who haven’t quite trained their pups how to open the fridge and actually deliver a beer.
80. Lady Bug Sweater Costume ($27): What’s cute as a bug in a rug this Halloween? Your pup as a bug in a sweater!
81. DIY Trading Places Costume: If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be your pet, this costume is perfect for you! But maybe you should still hold the leash. (via Brit + Co)
Want more Halloween inspo for you and your pets? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Additional reporting by Jessica Ourisman)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.