In between planning the best spooky get-together, perfecting your signature witches’ brew and transforming your Netflix queue into a scary movie must-watch list, Halloween is a fun and potentially time-consuming holiday. And then sometimes life just gets in the way and those elaborately awesome costume plans fall by the wayside. Hey, it happens to the best of us. Have no fear! These last-minute Halloween costumes are perfect for all you Halloween procrastinators out there.
1. Step Brothers: When you *really* get into character, costumes actually kinda come second. Bust out your best Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly impressions with your bestie bro or sis. (via Brit + Co)
3. Waldo from Where’s Waldo?: This adorbs and hipster-friendly costume is one of our faves. You can literally DIY in minutes with some black frames, a red-and-white striped jumper, and a red knit beanie.
5. Rainbow Barf Facepaint: Some creative Halloween face paint makes any last-minute costume look fab. Choose your fave Snapchat filter look and prepare to paint the town rainbow.
7. Roaring ’20s: The ’20s are back, and so is our favorite hair hack: the Faux Bob! A headband and some fringed and fabulous wardrobe items are all you need for this party-ready, stylish look. (via Brit + Co)
8. When Life Gives You Lemons: We’ve heard it said before, and this Halloween, you can actually walk-the-walk too! Be a walking proverb this Halloween with this pun-ny costume! (Photo via BuzzFeed/The Not Vanilla)
9. Billy the Puppet: This is an eerily detailed female-version of the terrifying puppet from Saw. Even if you haven’t seen the film, this is a guaranteed way to creep people out all night long. (Photo via Deviant Art/Jurisdictia)
10. Girl With The Pearl Earring: Infuse some culture into your Halloween this year by channeling one of Vermeer’s most famous paintings. This is an impressive look-alike costume to the original, and it can be done with just a few simple items! (Photo via The House That Lars Built)
11. Emoji Girl: All it takes is a simple pink v-neck and you’ve got yourself the makings of this emoji girl’s costume. She has great poses to choose from throughout the night!
12. Morton Salt Girl and Steve Jobs: The Morton Salt Girl costume is surprisingly original and easy to re-create, just turn to your trusty kitchen pantry for guidance. And as for Steve Jobs, here’s what has to be the easiest DIY costume for guys, ever!
13. Spice Rack: Of course, there’s always a resident goofball who’s willing to take pun-ny costumes to the next level! This take on the spice rack will bring the LOL’s all night long.
14. Madeleine: This is an adorable homage to one of our beloved childhood characters, Madeleine! If you don’t have red hair, you can easily improvise with a red neck-tie and ribbon on your hat.
15. Angel & Devil: So you won’t get any brownie points for creativity on this classic Halloween go-to costume, but it’s super easy to pull-off! Halloween night wouldn’t be the same without spotting an angel or devil around, anyway. (Photo via We Heart It)
16. Cat Costume Muscle Tank Top (sold out): A centaur is a half man, half horse. A mermaid is half man, half fish. And a half cat, half human? Well that’s you, of course. This particular shirt is sold out, but that’s nothing a little iron-on print DIY can’t handle.
17. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ($16): A cute crop top is all you need to go, go power ranger. So, grab this cute shirt and morph-away!
18. Wes Anderson Character: Harness that inner overachiever with your very own version of Rushmore Preparatory School’s finest. Take it to the next level by partnering up with your own Herman Blume or Rosemary Cross. (Photo via Lonny)
22. Hansel and Zoolander: Both of these guys deserve an Oscar for getting these costumes so spot on. If you’re going as Zoolander, make sure to spend a solid hour perfecting that “Blue Steel” look. (Photo via Imgarcade)
23. Bill Lumbergh: Mm, ya, if you could just dress up as this for Halloween that’d be great. Go full office-themed this Halloween by using these glasses as the hated boss from Office Space one night and The Office’s Dwight Schrute the next. We’re guessing you’ll probably get a lot more love for the looks than the fictional characters do. (Photo via Lol Riot)
25. Rosie the Riveter Costume: All you need is that chambray shirt, a red bandana, and our super easy 10-minute hair tutorial to rock Rosie right. Memorize that simple pose for all your Halloween pictures! (Photo via Brit + Co)
28. Halloween Mask DIY: Do you have an awesome new outfit that you’d rather wear instead of a costume? Is HR a little strict when it comes to Halloween? Keep it memorable and minimal with any of these Halloween mask DIYs. (Photo via Brit + Co)
31. Ziggy Stardust/Aladdin Sane: This David Bowie album should be in everyone’s collection. And his iconic cover look should also have a reserved spot on everyone’s Halloween costume bucket list. (Photo via Nasty Gal)
32. Cara Delevingne: Admit it — you’ve been coveting Cara D’s effortlessly fun style for quite some time. Channel your inner Cara this Halloween with a backwards cap, punny shirt, and brows for days. (Photo via Refinery 29)
33. Bumblebee: Those stripes in your closet are a little more versatile than you think. Grab your favorite striped skirt and a yellow top for an instant bee costume. (Photo via The Girls With Glasses)
34. Bunny Ears: Don’t want to mess with all of the Halloween makeup this year? Keep it sweet and simple and don these bunny ears instead. It’s a perfect costume for work and is super easy to remove at the end of the day/night. (Photo via Say Yes)
38. Alex from Clockwork Orange: Don’t become intimidated by all of the makeup and costume tutorials out there. You can achieve Alex’s look with this simple tutorial right before heading out the door. (Photo via Craftriver)
40. Holly Golightly (Night): Chances are, you already have a couple of LBDs hanging in your closet. Add a couple of accessories and you’re all set for this classically cool costume. (Photo via Brit + Co)
42. Birthday (and Halloween) Crown: Making these for a birthday is pretty darn adorable, but fashioning up some crowns for Halloween ain’t half bad either. Follow this super easy DIY and you’ll be feeling like Halloween royalty in no time. (Photo via DesignLoveFest)
43. Mr. and Mrs. Fox: Wes Anderson made us fall in love with this Roald Dahl classic all over again. If you don’t have time to fashion an entire foxy ensemble, a simple mask or two should do the trick. (Photo via A Beautiful Mess)
45. Creepy Crawly Glasses: Who needs an entire costume when your glasses can do all the work for you? Whip up these creepy crawly shades and don an all-black ensemble for dramatic effect. And if black lipstick isn’t your thing, we totally wouldn’t shy away from a matte red lip instead. (Photo via Martha Stewart)
47. Googly Eyes: If you are looking for something big and dramatic for Halloween photo time, these googly eye balloons would make for some great party decor and a costume photo prop! (Photo via Studio DIY)
52. Holly Golightly: TBH, there will probably be quite a few Holly Golightlys out on Halloween night. But this just-woke-up Holly G. costume is just as sexy (and hey, you get to wear pajamas in public, so it’s kind of a win-win situation.) (Photo via In Honor of Design)
53. Instagram Feed: It’s not a stretch to say that we’ll be checking our Instas on Halloween to check out everyone else’s costume. Why not take it a step further and dress as your favorite app? All you need is a poster board! (Photo via Thirty Handmade Days)
55. Alpaca Costume ($60): Any costume that doubles as pajamas is always a yes. This alpaca costume is completely cute and will definitely come in handy on those cold winter nights.
64. Sally Sells Seashells by the Seashore: This tongue-tying costume is guaranteed to have everyone giggling all night. Good luck telling everyone your costume 10 times fast. (Photo via The House Lars Built)
67. Spiderweb Leggings ($20): Sometimes you just gotta place an order and have it overnighted. These spider leggings would look fab with an all-black ensemble and red lipstick, don’t you think?
69. Wednesday Addams: Everyone should dress as Wednesday Addams for Halloween at least once. And the little black dress that you already own is begging you to go for it this year. (Photo via Brit + Co)
70. Wet Hot American Summer: You were psyched to see the reboot on Netflix and now it’s time to pay tribute with a costume. The only problem is deciding which character to dress up as. (Photo via Brit + Co)
72. Annie Hall: Diane Keaton reinvented menswear with this iconic role. Fly solo for a look that’s instantly recognizable or round up your own Woody Allen for the night. (Photo via This Time Tomorrow)
Want more Halloween inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.