31 of the Best Halloween Costume Ideas for Your Infant
This Halloween might be your infant’s first, so why not go all out when it comes to their baby costume? Maybe he or she’s a wee bit young for candies and gummies, but that doesn’t mean you have to sidestep dressing up your kiddo to show ’em off during trick-or-treat time. And, let’s face it: Anything miniaturized is freakin’ adorable. Here are 32 of the sweetest and most creative infant Halloween costumes to either DIY or buy for your baby this spooky season.
1. Rosie the Riveter Costume: Rosie the Riveter may just be the most iconic symbol of the women’s movement, so why not give your little one a jump-start on creative female empowerment? (via Brit + Co)
2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg Costume: Baby RBG is giggly, smiley, and a Supreme Court #girlboss. (via Brit + Co)
3. Baby Sushi Costume ($42, each): When it comes to sushi rolls, we have a lot of loves. But this one, hands down, has to be our favorite.
4. DIY Finding Dory Costume: Baby Dory has huge pink-colored eyes, so this is a must for her costume. Use felt to create the eyes and hot-glue them onto the front of the onesie. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY BB8 Costume: For all the Star Wars fans, with love. (via Brit + Co)
6. BuzzBearStudio Ramen Baby Outfit ($49): That noodle cap? We can’t handle the adorable-ness!
7. Top Gun Costume: Who doesn’t love the ’80s classic Top Gun? Complete your trio with a pint-sized Goose getup designed for maximum cuteness. (via Brit + Co)
8. Game of Thrones DIY Khaleesi Costume: Before she was the Mother of Dragons, she was just a ‘lil BB of dragons. (via Brit + Co)
9. Disguise The Incredibles Costume ($28): Don’t let the mini getup fool you — this little guy has some incredible superpowers.
10. DIY Curious George and The Woman in the Yellow Hat Costume: That monkey suit? It’s too good. (via Brit + Co)
11. Elmo Costume: Elmo is an obvious choice for your child. Just add in Big Bird and you have the ultimate Sesame Street duo. (via Brit + Co)
12. Princess Paradise Wonder Woman Costume ($30): She’s strong. She’s confident. She’s fierce… And she’s not yet one! Here comes your little Wonder Woman!
13. Sriracha + Taco Costume: Hot sauce and Mexican food are a match made in heaven, and so is this costume duo for you and your youngster. (via Brit + Co)
14. DIY Yayoi Kusama Costume: Avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama is a personal hero of ours, and it goes beyond a love of patterns and polka dots. (via Brit + Co)
15. Carter’s Little Pineapple Halloween Costume ($21): What better way to dress up your little one than with a cozy fleece zip-up with a precious sprout on top? We’re obsessed.
16. DIY Hillary Clinton Costume: A rabble-rouser from the start, Clinton has first lady, senator, secretary of state, *and* first female presidential candidate on her resume. (via Brit + Co)
17. Where the Wild Things Are Costume: This costume set is a DIY + buy combo. You can purchase your baby’s Max costume and DIY your own with some distressed leggings, a striped tee, a homemade tail, and horns. (via Brit + Co)
18. Carter’s Little Avocado Halloween Costume ($21): Finally — a good excuse to turn our favorite food into a costume.
19. DIY Suffragette Costume: These OG feminists fought for our right to vote. Hell to the YES. To recreate this late 19th-century look, you’ll need a bonnet, a simple white dress, and a DIY “Votes for Women” sash. (via Brit + Co)
20. DIY Handmaid’s Tale Costume: Hailed as a feminist work since its publication in 1985, Margaret Atwood’s novel The Handmaid’s Tale makes for a slightly dark, dystopian costume option for your feminist tot. (via Brit + Co)
21. Baby Peacock Costume ($43): Your little peacock will be an absolute showstopper in this sweet, jewel-toned costume. Add some leggings for max warmth for chillier fall days.
22. Princess + Toad Costume: This mom and baby costume is a video game combo that will make any Mario-lover happy. Coordinate your costume with your kiddo as Princess and Toad to take your Halloween game a level up. (via Brit + Co)
23. Whimsy Lane Boutique Baby Candy Corn Hat ($25): Don’t miss out on the photo-op of the year by dressing your newborn as this perfectly themed Halloween treat. It’s the sweetest costume out there.
24. DIY Malala Yousafzai Costume: Barely 20 years old, Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai is a widely loved and globally respected activist, focused specifically on the right to education. Honor her work by outfitting your tiny one in her likeness. (via Brit + Co)
25. Star Wars Ewok Costume: We didn’t think Ewoks could get any cuter… until we laid eyes on this guy! All those furry accents will make you ready for a cuddle sesh in no time. (via Brit + Co)
26. In Character Cupcake Cutie Infant Costume ($27): That headpiece, that sprinkle print? This choice is sweet as can be!
27. Baby Sunshine + Rainbow Costume: No rainy days here! Complement your ray of sunshine in a technicolored rainbow ensemble for the perfect mommy and me getup. (via Brit + Co)
28. BuzzBearStudio Pumpkin Spice Latte Baby Costume ($36+): There are no words to describe the simple perfection of this handmade wonder. Your babe will be delectably adorable as the classic Starbucks drink.
29. Baby Dino From Jurassic World Costume: No scary T. Rex here. In that plush spiked onesie, this baby dino is the only Jurassic World reptile we’ll be running toward. (via Brit + Co)
30. Fun World Abominable Snowbaby Costume ($43): There’s seriously nothing abominable about this snowman. It’s way more aww-inducing than fear-inducing. He’ll even look this cute when he cries.
31. Popcorn Bucket + Usher Costume: Grab your baby carrier and get ready to hack this on-the-go popcorn bucket. The best part? The ensemble is totally temporary, so you can transition from daytime to trick-or-treating in a snap. (via Brit + Co)
Additional reporting by Jessica Ourisman, Anjelika Temple, and Kimberly Wang
What are you dressing your lil BB as? Capture the adorable moment with a pic and tag us on Instagram.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.