Halloween is around the corner (eek!) and it might be the first one for your little one, so you definitely want to go all out when it comes to their first baby costume. Maybe he or she’s a little young for candies and gummies, but you probably still want to dress up your kiddo and show ’em off to the neighborhood during trick-or-treat time. It’s pretty hard to go wrong with a baby costume because, let’s face it, anything miniaturized is freakin’ adorable. Here are 41 of the sweetest and most creative, tiny Halloween costumes to either DIY or buy for your baby this spooky season.
7. DIY Curious George and The Woman in the Yellow Hat: That monkey suit? COME ON. It’s too good. (via Brit + Co)
8. Baby Harry Potter: Baby Harry is the obvious choice for a Potterheads-since-birth. A pair micro-glasses, an itty-bitty wand, and an infant-sized scarf in Gryffindor’s colors go together like magic. (via Shannon Leigh Studios)
10. Chipotle Burrito Baby: This Chipotle costume went viral across the pond, so bringing the trend back stateside is obvi a good idea. Your little burrito will look absolutely scrumptious. (via Mirror)
13. Whimsy Lane Boutique Baby Candy Corn Hat ($25): Don’t miss out on the photo-opp of the year by dressing your newborn as this perfectly-themed Halloween treat. It’s the sweetest costume out there.
14. DIY Hillary Clinton: A rabble-rouser from the start, Hillary’s got First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, *and* first female presidential candidate on her resume, and that’s just the recent stuff. (via Brit + Co)
15. The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar: A knit bunting costume is one of the best ways to dress up your newborn on Halloween night. Simply swaddle them into submission in this classic children’s costume. (via Halloween Costumes)
17. Oogie-Boogie Baby from The Nightmare Before Christmas: There are no words to describe the simple perfection of this knit wonder. Your babe will be terrifyingly cute as the classic Halloween monster. (via Costume-Works)
18. The Abominable Snowman ($65): There’s seriously nothing abominable about this snowman. It’s way more aww-inducing than fear-inducing. I’ll be he’s cute even when he cries.
19. Princess + Toad: This mom and baby costume is a video game combo that will make any Mario-lover happy. Coordinate your costume with your kiddo as Princess and Toad to take your Halloween game a level up ;) (via Brit + Co)
20. Stroller Blackjack Dealer: This ingenious stroller costume will make trick-or-treating a breeze. Just make sure you glue all the pieces down beforehand so there’s no danger of anything falling off. (via Rookie Moms)
21. Udder-ly Adorable Cow: The easy DIY is also hilarious — all you need is a onesie, a beanie and some felt. Oh, and some baby bottle nipples! (Insert laughing till crying face emoji here.) (via Make It & Love It)
23. Baby Wolfman ($27): There’s something seriously cute about a baby in a “scary” costume. Your baby wolfman will make people howl with glee.
24. Eric Carle’s Very Hungry Caterpillar ($30): Who DOESN’T love the classic Eric Carle book The Very Hungry Caterpillar? This cozy bunting will keep your baby snug while you’re strolling around the neighborhood.
26. Where the Wild Things Are: This costume set is a DIY + buy combo. You can purchase your baby’s Max costume ($34) and DIY your own with some distressed leggings, a striped tee, a homemade tail and horns. (via Brit + Co)
27. Baby Kangaroo + Joey ($30): This sweet kangaroo + baby joey costume is perfect for all those super bouncy children out there.
29. Rocket Ship Bunting ($50): This rocket ship bunting isn’t just warm — it’s also OUT OF THIS WORLD. It looks so cozy, your little one will probably sleep right through Halloween. No complaints there.
30. DIY Cabbage Patch Dolls: For women whose inner five-year-old wants a Cabbage Patch Doll (guilty), this costume is like your childhood dream come to life. How about American Girl doll costumes for when they’re toddlers? (via Coolest Homemade Costumes)
31. DIY Suffragette: These OG feminists fought for our right to vote. Hell to the YES. To recreate this late 19th-century look, you’ll need a bonnet, a simple white dress, and a DIY “Votes for Women” sash. via Brit + Co)
33. Rainbow Bright’s Twink: Moms, here’s another costume that will fulfill some childhood dreams. This Rainbow Bright character repurposes a pre-packaged pumpkin costume for creative cuteness. (via Pink Suede Shoe)
34. Baby Peacock ($50): Your little peacock will be an absolute showstopper in this sweet, jewel-toned costume. Add some leggings for max warmth during this chillier fall season.
35. DIY Handmaid’s Tale: Hailed as a feminist work since its publication in 1985, Margaret Atwood’s novel The Handmaid’s Tale makes for a slightly dark, dystopian costume option for your feminist tot. (via Brit + Co)
36. Easy DIY Little Flower: Here’s another super easy DIY involving some felt, a white onesie, a stretchy headband and a big faux flower. Your little one will look positively blooming. (via Your Wish Cake)
37. DIY Malala Yousafzai: Barely 20 years old, Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai is a widely loved and globally respected activist, focused specifically on the right to education. Honor her work and outfit your tiny one in her image. (via Brit + Co)
38. Magical Unicorn ($30): Yes, we know you think your baby is a unicorn — and this costume is the perfect way to show it.
39. DIY Colorful Fish: This clever DIY turns a sleeping gown into a squee-worthy fish costume, complete with felt scales, a headband and a styrofoam ball cut in half for bulgy fish eyes. Consider using scales on the bottom half and leaving out the eyes for a mermaid costume. (via See Vanessa Craft)
40. Baby Gumball Machine: Stop. Everything. This baby gumball machine might be the cutest DIY we’ve ever seen — and it’s so easy to make. You’ll need felt for the 25 cent sign, a pilot cap, black pants, a red top and LOTS of pom poms. (via Costume Works)
41. DIY Amelia Earhart: The first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic, Amelia Earhart’s life is full of inspiration for your little adventurer. Plus, dressing your wee one up as this bold babe involves the cutest baby aviator hat and goggles you ever did see! (via Brit + Co)
(Additional reporting by Jessica Ourisman and Anjelika Temple)
What’re you dressing your lil’ BB as? Capture the adorable moment with a pic and tag us on Instagram!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.