10 Under-the-Radar Beauty Pros to Follow on Instagram RN
Forget magazines and mood boards — right now Instagram is our biggest source of inspiration for all things style. Whether the photo-friendly platform sparks an entire home makeover or simply brightens our day, we’re never not hunting for new ideas. That, of course, includes beauty tricks and product recs from our fave Insta-gurus. Looking to discover the next Wayne Goss, Huda Kattan, or Keiko Lynn? Just follow these up-and-coming makeup masters for endless inspo.
1. Bernicia Boateng: Pro makeup artist Bernicia Boateng is all about that lit-from-within glow. Sure, you can count on Boateng for the go-to matte lip and smokey eyes, but also for more daring looks, such as glossy eyelids and two-tone metallic lips.
2. The August Diaries: Long-time favorite fashion blogger Jill Lansky takes the same approach to beauty as she does to fashion. She keeps things neutral, timeless, and effortless. She recently added beauty tutorials to her repertoire and we can’t get enough. Peep her profile for quickie video how-tos and top products.
3. Charmie Janee: The British beauty buff is a total risk-taker and we’re here for it. We’ve sat with our eyes glued to our phones as we watched her create cheek tints out of tea bags, transform herself into a glam mermaid, and even apply disco ball-inspired sequins to her eyelids. Is there anything she can’t pull off?!
4. Beauty Is Boring_: The Instagram profile for the Beauty Is Boring blog is everything you’d imagine it to be, simply based on the title. No no-makeup looks here, just bold yet simple beauty. Pro makeup artist Robin Black knows how to kick things up a notch with looks like highlighter yellow eyeshadow and gold lipstick.
5. Rae Review: Rae, a former pageant makeup artist, knows the power of luxury skincare and cosmetics. She focuses her website and YouTube channel on reviewing high-end gems (think Shiseido, Tom Ford, and SK-II). Her Instagram is flooded with quick-hit reviews and snaps of her current beauty favorites. Excuse us while we get lost scrolling through her photos. *Le sigh.*
6. This That Beauty: Felicia Walker Benson is a woman after our own skincare-loving hearts. She’s constantly sharing ‘grams or stories of her fave oils, serums, and masks. But it gets even better — she often asks her followers to share their top picks, which means even more product recs to go around! (UM YAS!)
7. Chrissstttiiine: Minimalist, barely there makeup fans will L-O-V-E Christine Mai Nguyen. Her dewy skin is the perfect base to every look, including recreations of iconic makeup looks from It girls like Jeanne Damas, Camille Rowe, and Ana Kras. So gorgeous!
8. Zachary Edward: Zachary Edward is flawless with a capital F. First of all, can just have his brows already? Also, we swear by his strobing technique.
9. Lily Pebbles: London YouTuber Lily Pebbles is a girlie girl in all the best ways. We’re talking glitter nail polish, rose gold eyeshadow, and demure nude lips — so basically, it’s all swoon-worthy. We suggest copying her approach on days when you’re feeling ladylike AF.
10. Sonjdradeluxe: We can’t stop, won’t stop loving this girl. Her signature half-shaved head, bold brows, and overall message about body positivity is such a fresh breath of air in the world of Instagram. Not to mention, she can blend out killer smokey eyes and strobed cheekbones.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.