Everything You Need to Fix Any and All of Your Makeup Mistakes
We’ve all been there: You take the time to carefully master a makeup look like the perfect cat eye or a flawless smokey eye, and then it smudges — such a bummer! In an attempt to preserve all of your hard work, you end up smearing the shadow and liner around and making the situation worse. But never fear — makeup correctors are here. They’re like erasers for your everyday beauty mishaps, and these seven in particular can totally save the day (and your look!).
1. Yes to Cotton Eye Makeup Remover Pads ($8): Place one of these super thin, extra gentle pads over your pinky finger to precisely remove any mishaps, as in, when you went heavy-handed with liner or suffered from dreaded mascara smudges.
2. MAKE Twilight Lip Oil Remover ($12): Whether you get overzealous with your lippie or you just want to switch to a bare lip, this oil-based product is a must. Meadowfoam seed oil and glycerine keep your pout hydrated and work to condition the lips.
3. Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous Oopsy-Proof Eyeliner Eraser Pen ($5): The thin tip on this handy pen makes it easy to really target tiny mistakes like stray liner marks.
4. Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges ($6): These mini sponges boast a flat edge that’s perfect for smoothing out a harsh foundation line, and the pointed tip is well-suited to fit into the corners of your eyes and remove wayward shadow. Win win.
5. Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks ($5): What’s better than a cotton swab? A cotton swab with makeup remover on it. These tiny complexion-savers are soaked with a gentle, oil-free solution that takes off everything from waterproof mascara to the blackest of eyeliners.
6. e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen ($3): Vitamin E, cucumber, and chamomile soothe your skin as you correct mini mistakes.
7. Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone ($18): Not only does this slick pencil easily remove any beauty boo-boos, but it’s a seriously solid primer that gives your products lasting power.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.