Add a Punch of Color to Your Bedroom With 17 Winning Color Combos
You like to sleep in your bedroom – that’s a given – but your bedroom shouldn’t put you to sleep. It’s your personal escape, after all, whether it’s a place for you to Netflix binge or dive into a book after the kids have fallen asleep. And while there’s bedroom decor inspiration everywhere, it can be hard to decide on one color scheme that fits your style. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to spicing up your bedroom with an unexpected and fresh color combo. After you’ve decided on one, be sure to add accessories, wall art and anything else that your space could possibly need to feel less blah and a little more YAS.
1. Brights and Peach: Lumped into the bright category are colors like highlighter yellow, orange and blue. You probably would never mix these three with a pastel peach, but it ends up creating a beautiful, modern feel that’s equal parts cool and cozy. Don’t forget the funky accents and a furry throw – they’re the icing on your decor cake. (via The Decorista)
2. Jet Black and Gold: You’re seeing a lot of gold on this list, but the more interesting hue in this matchup is the black. It’s not often that you use this color as a main hue in a design concept, but it looks tres modern when the paint job is professional and crisp. (via Émilie Rousseaux for Design Sponge)
3. Citrus Chic: Yellow and orange in the bedroom? It might sound crazy, but it doesn’t look crazy at all. Balance out your brights with a deep black neutral and have fun with your prints. (via Like Neely Ohara)
4. Soft Gray and Pink: This is yet another calming combination: The coolness of the gray balances out the warmth and femininity of the pastel pink. You’ll want to curl up in this bedroom on many a lazy Sunday. (via Micasa)
5. Turquoise and White: We often see turquoise paired with cool silver (#jewelrygoals) but it also goes swimmingly with the crispness of clean white. This breezy palette can be further spiced up with bright pops of yellow and pink, and the white walls make it perfect for a space you rent but can’t paint. (via Sköna Hem)
6. Blush and Black: The softness of blush doesn’t wither next to a dark black. Instead, it looks even sweeter. A few white accents will further pave the stylish road between these light and dark hues. (via The Design Files)
7. Moody Blues, Not-Moody Pinks: This design strikes a nice balance, which makes it a great color combo for the place you go to unwind. Watch as you go from a moody blue to a not-moody pink yourself. (via Lonny)
8. Tangerine and Cerulean: The latter color here had to be one of the most coveted crayons in the Crayola box. The bright blue hue especially earns its clout when paired with a citrusy punch of orange that comes up a bit unexpected within an otherwise cool palette. (via Domino)
9. Coral and Gold: You’ve probably already worn this color combination, so why not splash it onto the furniture and fabrics of your bedroom? It’s fresh and feminine without feeling too tween. (via Just Destiny)
11. Sunshine Yellow and Fog Gray: We don’t often associate these two weather patterns, but the right design scheme can bring them together in a way that makes us believe they were meant to be all along. (via Decor8)
12. Primary Pastels: A room full of primary colors might end up looking like the one DJ and Stephanie Tanner once shared on Full House. That’s great if you’re going for an ‘80s vibe, but we assume that a toned-down version of the same concept is more your speed. Pastels exude a more calming tone, while the surrounding grayish palette makes the room super current. (via Est Magazine)
13. Emerald and Berry: Boldly go where other bedroom palettes have simply dipped for accent colors. This jewel-toned combination makes any space feel luxurious without being too heavy. (via Dimples and Tangles)
14. Hot Pink, Royal Blue and Gold: The richness of royal blue and gold bring hot pink to a whole new level of sophistication. Step aside, unicorns and cotton candy: This color’s ready for the big leagues. (via Apartment Therapy)
15. Black, White and …: Black and white create a crisp yet blank slate for you to add a pop of whatever color floats your boat. We’d suggest something bright, like the magenta pillow that’s been stacked on this otherwise simple bed set, but the choice is all yours. (via Aubrie Pick for Rue)
16. Glitz, Bright and White: Gold is really making a name for itself on our list. This time around, it’s going full glitz with crisp white linens and accents in unexpected, saturated pink and orange. (via Lonny)
Which color scheme speaks to you the most? What colors did you choose for your bedroom? Let us know in the comments below and show us some pics with #britstagram.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)