50 Pieces of Home Decor to Buy or DIY for Under $50
We think there’s no better time than fall to stock up on colorful and creative home decor, so we have to ask: Are you ready to give your pad a little facelift? Trust us, we get that the idea of sprucing up and styling out your home can be daunting — where do you even begin to look when you’re on a budget? But upgrading elements of your living space is something that doesn’t have to be a chore, especially with these 50 home decor finds and DIYs that all ring in for under $50 (yep, supplies and all!). Are you ready for a seriously cheap but oh-so-chic shopping overload? Consider this your home restyle cheat sheet ;)
2. Washi Tape Gallery Wall: Gallery walls are the ultimate inexpensive way to add some interest to a bare white-walled room. We love this easy-peasy washi tape one. It’s interchangeable, affordable ($4 for 10 rolls!) and best of all it leaves no holes! (via Design*Sponge)
4. Wind It Up ($30 each): Keep track of time with one these ultra-stylish wall clocks designed by various independent graphic artists. Need something as fun and modern as the rest of your decor? Try this Dots.. Clock, or if you’re hoping for a dash of color, this Pastel Tris Clock should do.
6. Color Pendant Lamp ($45): We’re obsessed with OneFortyThree — and for good reason. The Nevada-based boutique is design-savvy minimalist’s dream. From these retro-tinged pendant lamps to bohemian rocking chairs, they’ve got it all. <3
7. Watermelon Door Mat: Extend your summer (yes… still!) with this totally adorable door mat. Come Halloween, swap it out for a pumpkin-print design instead — just grab a stencil ($5) and some spray paint. Art skill level: Kindergarden. (Dream Green DIY)
10. Spotted Slip: Cruella De Vil isn’t the only one obsessed with dalmatian prints! This is the trend right now, and all you need is a Sharpie ($2 for 2) and a slip cover ($18) to get the look! (via Little Green Notebook)
11. Make an Entrance: Oh washi tape, you never let us down! How amazing is this cheap and subtle way to add a burst of color to your pad? Grab a bundle of colors ($4) and start taping! (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. Dapper Animal Plates ($4 – $10): Wow dinner guests with these whimsical animal-print plates. They’re almost to cute to eat off of!
13. Nail String Art: Warning: this DIY will leave a lot of little holes in your walls, so if you rent you might want to consider doing this on a cork board or canvas. Nonetheless, we’re huge fans of how materials as simple as nails ($4 per pack) and colorful yarn ($8) can turn into a full-fledged installation — oh, and because it can be personalized. How sweet is that message, too? (via Jen Loves Kev)
14. A Pop of Color: Got a fireplace? May we suggest dousing it with a dazzling color to balance out those soon-to-be cloudy days? Pick up a can of non-flammable latex semi-gloss paint ($28) and make sure to do a color test prior to committing! (via Brooklyn Bride)
15. Reclaimed Wood Bathroom Shelf ($39): With a nifty industrial-style shelf like this, we promise, the bathroom will become one of the most stylish rooms in your abode. Don’t forget the candle ($19)!
17. Sweet Wall Art! ($35): Why decorate with polka dots when you can display a print that pops with rainbow-colored citrus? Exactly :)
21. Peek-a-Boo Color: Break up a neutral workspace with a clever pop of color. All you need is a sample size of your favorite shade ($3) and you’re ready to transform your everyday office chair. Take it a step further and add some color to your desk legs, too. (via My Attic)
22. Not Your Kid’s Mobile ($44): The shapes! The colors! Hang this arty piece from any wall to make a serious statement.
23. Creative Wall Hooks: Display your favorite coffee cups on this cloud-like coffee cup holder made of wooden dowels ($3 each) that doubles as wall art. Anything DesignLoveFest-approved is a-okay in our book. (via DesignLoveFest)
25. Pillow Talk ($45): For those moments when you want to let the pillow do the talking ;)
27. Geo Tray ($42): Ahhh, geometric prints. We can’t get enough of these timeless patterns, especially when they bring the funk to a piece like a serving tray.
28. Pop of Color Shower Curtain ($44): Note to self: your shower curtain should NEVER be an afterthought. Much like the sofa in a living room or the comforter in your bedroom, it ties the whole bathroom together. Opt for something punchy like this confetti patterned curtain to keep the small space chipper!
30. Honeycomb Mirror ($15): WHAT! This ultra luxe looking honeycomb mirror will cost you as much as an Uber ride across town. Oh IKEA, how we love thee.
31. Vertical Kitchen Organization: This is the prettiest kitchen organizing idea we’ve ever seen. While this OG version of the DIY rings in at a little over $50, our version (thanks to good ‘ole IKEA) comes in at a measly $30 for 3. (via A Beautiful Mess)
32. Dressed Up Dresser: Shiny new knobs and a bit of metallic paint go a long way when revitalizing a simple white dresser. Make this project your own by adding unique knobs ($10 each) and creating your own metallic design. (via Camille Styles)
33. Striped Nightstand Ikea Hack: This DIY is a serious steal, coming in at just $34 INCLUDING a piece of furniture. Snag the SELJE Nightstand ($30) and add a little personality with your color choice of electrical tape ($4) for a truly cheap and chic addition. (via See Kate Sew)
37. Dar Metal End Table ($26 each): Snag one (or two!) of these smart little tray tables and stay within your budget. Plus, they double as plant holders — score!
38. Cork Memo Board: Stay organized with these fun pegboard DIYs using cork trivets ($10 for 3). Choose any design that tickles your fancy, or leave ’em plain, you Lazy Girl you! (via Handmade Charlotte)
39. Nifty Bar Cart: You know that accent table you have stored away in your closet? Pull it out! All it needs is a coat of paint and a some bar supplies ($30) to be transformed into a rad bar cart. (via Poppytalk)
40. Inverted Diamond Runner ($44): Brighten up your walkway with this crimson geo-print runner. Oh, and it’s cotton, so washing it is a cinch!
41. Sculptural Paper Orb Light: Obsessed with Anthropologie’s Rhododendron Chandelier ($998) but can’t believe the whopping price point? What if we told you this one is almost identical and costs less than $20 using only coffee filters? (via Design*Sponge)
42. Apothecary Stand ($35): How adorable is this apothecary-inspired stand? Use it to hold bits and bobs or even as a serving tray for delicate desserts.
43. Himalayan Salt Lamp ($34): Truth: We’re a whole lotta obsessed with this salt lamp, made from 100% natural salt and in such a pretty shade of pink! It’ll add boho flair to any living space.
47. Free Printables: Whoever said wall art had to cost a fortune obviously hasn’t heard about the Internet. Frame these free printables (we <3 this selection of frames that start at $10) and hang alone or group them together to create a gallery wall! (via Smitten on Paper)
48. Color Coiled Rope Basket: If you haven’t noticed, we’re a little crazy for color, and these sweet little rope baskets are right up our alley. All it takes to make these catchalls is rope ($11) and the colored embroidery thread ($10) of your choice. (via The Red Thread)
49. Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Box ($39): Finally! A place to store all those secret recipes that we don’t want to share with our Pinterest friends. Okay, you got us… we just REALLY dig the lovely design.
50. Pom Pom Throw: Everyone needs a lightweight throw they can cuddle into when the weather is brisk and balmy. So opt for this lightweight but still cozy pom pom throw DIY. Pick a throw ($20) and your favorite color(s) of pom pom trim ($3/ yard) and get gluing! (via Sugar & Cloth)
Phew! Now that that you’ve had a moment to check out these buys and DIYs, tell us which pieces are your top picks!