50 Pieces of Home Decor to Buy or DIY for Under $50
We think there’s no better time than fall to stock up on colorful and creative home decor, so we have to ask: Are you ready to give your pad a little facelift? Trust us, we get that the idea of sprucing up and styling out your home can be daunting — where do you even begin to look when you’re on a budget? But upgrading elements of your living space is something that doesn’t have to be a chore, especially with these 50 home decor finds and DIYs that all ring in for under $50 (yep, supplies and all!). Are you ready for a seriously cheap but oh-so-chic shopping overload? Consider this your home restyle cheat sheet ;)
Gallery walls are the ultimate inexpensive way to add some interest to a bare white-walled room. We love this easy-peasy washi tape one. It’s interchangeable, affordable ($4 for 10 rolls!) and best of all it leaves no holes! (via Design*Sponge)
Wind It Up
wall clocks designed by various independent graphic artists. Need something as fun and modern as the rest of your decor? Try this Dots.. Clock, or if you’re hoping for a dash of color, this Pastel Tris Clock should do.
Extend your summer (yes… still!) with this totally adorable door mat. Come Halloween, swap it out for a pumpkin-print design instead — just grab a stencil ($5) and some spray paint. Art skill level: Kindergarden. (Dream Green DIY)
Cruella De Vil isn’t the only one obsessed with dalmatian prints! This is the trend right now, and all you need is a Sharpie ($2 for 2) and a slip cover ($18) to get the look! (via Little Green Notebook)
12. Dapper Animal Plates ($4 – $10): Wow dinner guests with these whimsical animal-print plates. They’re almost to cute to eat off of!
Warning: this DIY will leave a lot of little holes in your walls, so if you rent you might want to consider doing this on a cork board or canvas. Nonetheless, we’re huge fans of how materials as simple as nails ($4 per pack) and colorful yarn ($8) can turn into a full-fledged installation — oh, and because it can be personalized. How sweet is that message, too? (via Jen Loves Kev)
Got a fireplace? May we suggest dousing it with a dazzling color to balance out those soon-to-be cloudy days? Pick up a can of non-flammable latex semi-gloss paint ($28) and make sure to do a color test prior to committing! (via Brooklyn Bride)
At $3 a pop, this is one DIY you just can’t pass up. Plus, these little guys make the perfect gift! (via The White Buffalo Styling Co.)
17. Sweet Wall Art! ($35): Why decorate with polka dots when you can display a print that pops with rainbow-colored citrus? Exactly :)
this is great way to make your home office organization become part of your decor! This stand-up system is lightweight, multi-functional and all kinds of cute.
hometown pride with one of these chic state prints. It’ll be the perfect addition to any wall.
Break up a neutral workspace with a clever pop of color. All you need is a sample size of your favorite shade ($3) and you’re ready to transform your everyday office chair. Take it a step further and add some color to your desk legs, too. (via My Attic)
22. Not Your Kid’s Mobile ($44): The shapes! The colors! Hang this arty piece from any wall to make a serious statement.
Display your favorite coffee cups on this cloud-like coffee cup holder made of wooden dowels ($3 each) that doubles as wall art. Anything DesignLoveFest-approved is a-okay in our book. (via DesignLoveFest)
25. Pillow Talk ($45): For those moments when you want to let the pillow do the talking ;)
27. Geo Tray ($42): Ahhh, geometric prints. We can’t get enough of these timeless patterns, especially when they bring the funk to a piece like a serving tray.
bathroom together. Opt for something punchy like this confetti patterned curtain to keep the small space chipper!
30. Honeycomb Mirror ($15): WHAT! This ultra luxe looking honeycomb mirror will cost you as much as an Uber ride across town. Oh IKEA, how we love thee.
This is the prettiest kitchen organizing idea we’ve ever seen. While this OG version of the DIY rings in at a little over $50, our version (thanks to good ‘ole IKEA) comes in at a measly $30 for 3. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Shiny new knobs and a bit of metallic paint go a long way when revitalizing a simple white dresser. Make this project your own by adding unique knobs ($10 each) and creating your own metallic design. (via Camille Styles)
This DIY is a serious steal, coming in at just $34 INCLUDING a piece of furniture. Snag the SELJE Nightstand ($30) and add a little personality with your color choice of electrical tape ($4) for a truly cheap and chic addition. (via See Kate Sew)
air plant made it super easy for us to add this baby to our shopping cart.
37. Dar Metal End Table ($26 each): Snag one (or two!) of these smart little tray tables and stay within your budget. Plus, they double as plant holders — score!
40. Inverted Diamond Runner ($44): Brighten up your walkway with this crimson geo-print runner. Oh, and it’s cotton, so washing it is a cinch!
Obsessed with Anthropologie’s Rhododendron Chandelier ($998) but can’t believe the whopping price point? What if we told you this one is almost identical and costs less than $20 using only coffee filters? (via Design*Sponge)
42. Apothecary Stand ($35): How adorable is this apothecary-inspired stand? Use it to hold bits and bobs or even as a serving tray for delicate desserts.
43. Himalayan Salt Lamp ($34): Truth: We’re a whole lotta obsessed with this salt lamp, made from 100% natural salt and in such a pretty shade of pink! It’ll add boho flair to any living space.
initials on a mantle or wall with these hyper-colorful letters. Gold stars for spelling out something sweet!
Whoever said wall art had to cost a fortune obviously hasn’t heard about the Internet. Frame these free printables (we <3 this selection of frames that start at $10) and hang alone or group them together to create a gallery wall! (via Smitten on Paper)
If you haven’t noticed, we’re a little crazy for color, and these sweet little rope baskets are right up our alley. All it takes to make these catchalls is rope ($11) and the colored embroidery thread ($10) of your choice. (via The Red Thread)
49. Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Box ($39): Finally! A place to store all those secret recipes that we don’t want to share with our Pinterest friends. Okay, you got us… we just REALLY dig the lovely design.
Everyone needs a lightweight throw they can cuddle into when the weather is brisk and balmy. So opt for this lightweight but still cozy pom pom throw DIY. Pick a throw ($20) and your favorite color(s) of pom pom trim ($3/ yard) and get gluing! (via Sugar & Cloth)