12 Must-Have Accessories from the 2015 Oscars Red Carpet
Of course, one of the best parts of watching the Oscars is scoping out all of the fabulous, to-die-for frocks, but we can’t forget about all the covetable trimmings. Accessories can make or break an outfit and are key for showing off a little personality. This year’s red carpet didn’t disappoint, with celebs stepping out in some seriously stylish add-ons, from Margot Robbie’s jaw-dropping tassel necklace to Lady Gaga’s outrageous fiery red gloves. We’re sharing some of the best accessories from the night, plus 12 similar styles so you can get Academy Awards glam anytime you want.
1. Halston Heritage Octagonal Minaudière Black ($207): America Ferrera’s Jenny Packham dress was feminine and glam, but what really caught our eye was her red geometric clutch. (Photos via Jason Merritt, Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
2. Free People Faux-Fur Snowcat Cape ($30): Anna showed off her usual impeccable style Sunday night in a floor-length blush gown with a statement-making fur capelet in a light cotton-candy hue that we just can’t get enough of. The cool weather accessory added a touch of old-world glam to the otherwise contemporary look that you can totally get for less. (Photos via Pascal Le Segretain, Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Kendra Scott Ainsley Cuff ($120): Emma Stone wins the award for most original use of a bracelet. Doubling up on statement cuffs was a totally clever and unique way to incorporate accessories into an outfit with ample embellishments. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Sixty Seven Harper Leather Oxford ($160): In terms of shoes, the celebs kept things classic for the 87th Academy Awards, rocking simple, unembellished ankle strap sandals, so we have to give mad props to Tegan and Sara for doing things a little differently. The sisters stepped out in menswear-inspired oxfords and slip-ons that worked with their edgy, rocker look. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Oliver Bonas Metal Bird Belt ($27): Jenna Dewan-Tatum was covered in covetable accessories, but our favorite touch was that sleek metallic belt. The stylish cincher tied the whole look together, all while helping create an hourglass shape. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Michael Kors Crystal Pave Bypass Ring ($125): Walking the red carpet in a stunning floral Valentino gown, Keira Knightley opted for a few small pieces of statement bling. A crystal pavé ring and crystal-embellished headband added a hint of shimmer to her signature romantic look. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Coach Leather Basic Glove ($59): This definitely wasn’t one of Lady Gaga’s wildest ensembles, but those red gloves weren’t exactly subtle. Of course, what’s any award show without a little Gaga flair? (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Saks Fifth Avenue Tassel Pendant Necklace ($70): Margot Robbie donned some serious bling with her classy Yves Saint Laurent gown. The Van Cleef and Arpels Zip Antique necklace is worth a cool $1.5 million so here’s an inspired one that will do on a slightly smaller budget. (Photos via Jason Merritt, Frazer Harrison)
9. Kaleidoscope Swarovski Crystal Wavy Hoop Earrings ($148): Maybe it’s because she’s French, but Marion Cotillard knows what’s up when it comes to red carpet dressing. Her oh-so-on-point Dior gown was show-stopping on its own, but a pair of shimmering hoops won her a few extra style points. (Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
10. Dark Green Clustered Gem Choker Necklace ($8): If you hadn’t noticed, Scarlett Johannson is back and looking better than ever. (Didn’t she just have a baby, like yesterday?) A forest green Versace gown highlighted her curvaceous hourglass figure, but her striking, cascading green choker really stole the show. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
11. Phoenix Wing Ear Cuffs ($34): Amidst all the gorgeous glam gowns, it’s refreshing to see a few contemporary, trendy pieces out on the red carpet. We love the cool contrast of Chloe Grace Moretz’s elegant, floral ball gown and edgy crystal ear cuff. Check out our DIY version here! (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
12. Michael Kors Open Toe Evening Sandals ($145): Girl knows how to accessorize. Between the bold gold cuff, metallic minaudiere, sexy gold sandals and newlywed glow, Sophie Hunter totally nailed her red carpet look. And hubby Benedict Cumberbatch is possibly the best accessory around. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Who wore your favorite accessory of the night? Tell us in the comments!
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.