Summertime sweats take no prisoners so you’ll want to make sure your underwear drawer is stocked with styles that will sustain you through the hottest, stickiest time of the year. Because absolutely no one enjoys butt sweat (or any other kind of sweat down there), it’s worth investing in a supply of lightweight, breathable undies this season. They may not feature any lace or bows, but these no-frills pairs get the job done — and keep the focus on your epic warm-weather trends. Whether you prefer a thong, a hipster, or a high-waisted brief, you’ll find your hot-weather go-to skivvies ahead.
1. Chantelle Soft Stretch Seamless Bikini in One Size ($18): Yes, these come in only one size and yes, they stretch to fit nearly everyone (we’ve tried them). Soft, smooth, and ultralightweight, this pair disappears under even the flimsiest summer pieces.
2. Exofficio Give-N-Go Lacy Thong ($22): Made of breathable mesh fabric to keep you cool, this thong is also antimicrobial to reduce odor in the fabric. Known for their quick-drying offerings, Exofficio is considered a go-to for travel undies.
3. Uniqlo AIRism Ultra Seamless Hiphugger Shorts ($8): Uniqlo has cornered the market when it comes to functional fashion, and their intimates collection is no exception. The entire AIRism range is extremely lightweight, keeps you cool and dry, and is nearly unbeatable when it comes to affordability.
4. Warner’s Breathe Freely Brief ($12): These perforated panties are ideal high-waisted bottoms. The waistband is meant to be “pinch free” and they also feature a cotton gusset, which is key to allowing our lady parts to breathe.
5. Adidas Women’s Climacool Thong Underwear ($12): Not only do these bottoms keep you airy and dry, but the fabric is also designed to stay in place without rolling. Meaning: You can get as active as you like, stay cool, and avoid pulling at your undies all day.
6. Balanced Tech Women’s Seamless Bikini Panties 3 Pack ($15): Another style that’s ideal for summer getaways, you can score this ultra-comfy, quick-dry multipack and be all set for a weekend trip. Easy breezy!
7. Boody Midi Brief ($11): The Australian label prides itself on creating underwear you feel good in and good about. Each pair is made from bamboo-derived viscose, so you can stay comfortable without harming the planet.
8. Tommy John Air Brief ($28): The cult men’s brand recently launched a women’s range and boy, does it deliver. These promise to be light as a feather, moisture-wicking, non-rolling, antimicrobial, and breathable.
9. Zobha Yoga Boyshort Panties 2-Pack ($32): These boyshorts feel like they are barely there and guarantee not to ride up — plus they’ll keep you dry through a yoga workout or a sweltering summer day. Yes, please.
10. Patagonia Women’s Active Briefs ($24): The experts at Patagonia make more than outdoor gear. Their light, seamless, moisture-wicking panties offer “permanent odor control” — and keep your carbon footprint in check.
11. Jockey Air Ultralight Bikini ($13): If you’re in the market for a silky option that stretches without creating unwanted VPL, then you’re in luck. The featherweight fabric and bonded edges mean premium comfort without added warmth.
Want more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.