The Top 25 Amazon Camping Wedding Registry Essentials for the Outdoorsy Couple
For the couple that loves to get away from it all and recharge in Mother Nature’s backyard, a camping-themed registry is both practical and exciting (and the perfect complement to your camping-themed wedding). Your registry is the perfect way to express your true interests and ask for investment items (like that new tent or kayak). Since millenials are doing weddings differently, setting up a wedding registry on Amazon.com is ridiculously easy and fun.Gone are all the old-school restrictions that limit you to kitchenwares and bedding — things you might already own, if you’re already living together. Set up your registry to stock you up on your honeymoon in the Great Outdoors and your friends and family will get a kick out of picking out gifts that are a little more interesting than a set of water glasses. Scroll down to see the top 25 Amazon camping registry essentials for any nature-loving couple.
1. Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag With Pillows ($55) Your sleeping bag is the first thing that could use an upgrade now that you’re tying the knot. This option is perfect for any couple: Sleep together in the bag or separate it into two if you like — especially useful if your new spouse runs extra hot or cold. It’ll keep you warm in temperatures as low as 23F, is lightweight and even comes with two pillows.
2. Doctor Care Plus Pain Relief Cream ($12) Formulated with Emu Oil, MSM, Aloe and Vitamin C, this pain relief cream will soothe everything from bug bites to Plantar Fasciitis. Stow it in your backpack for relief on the go as you hike or rub some on before bed — with minimal scent, this will have you happily trekking any kind of terrain so you can focus on the fun.
3. Portable Parachute Nylon Fabric Travel Camping Hammock ($36) There’s nothing more relaxing than swinging between two trees in the early evening, and with this hammock made from super strong parachute nylon, you may never want to leave. Give your body a break from the hard ground and enjoy the sunset with your love — the hammock can hold up to 330 lbs (and a travel mug of wine).
4. JOTO Waterproof Waist Pouch ($10) Never leave your valuables behind again! This waterproof waist pouch is big enough to hold your keys, phone, camera, passport and other small valuables. The transparent PVC material lets you use your touch screen devices seamlessly and you can adjust the strap to wear it on your shoulder if you prefer. Bring on the white water rafting!
5. Coleman Classic Propane Stove ($50) Food always tastes better outside, and with this propane camping stove, even oatmeal feels like a luxurious treat. Two independently controlled burners let you cook two pans at once for up to an hour at a time, and a wind shield keeps your flame protected.
6. SE CC4580 Military Lensatic/Prismatic Sighting Compass With Pouch ($10) No camping registry is complete without this most basic of necessities. This compass is military grade for the most precise navigation possible, and comes with a thumb ring, lanyard and pouch for storage. At this price, you might want to register for more than one and store these in different places — they can literally be lifesavers.
7. Nonda ZUS Smart Car Locator & USB Car Charger ($30) You’ll probably keep this in your car even after you finish camping. With two USB ports, super fast charging (you can fully charge 2 iPads in under four hours) and a locator app so you never lose your car again, this one is the gift you’ll be thankful for every day.
8. LifeStraw Go Water Bottle With Integrated 1000-Liter LifeStraw Filter ($35) Upgrade your water bottle with this life-saving technology. This 23-ounce water bottle with integrated replaceable LifeStraw filters up to 264 gallons (1,000 liters) of water down to 0.2 microns. The filter is replaceable and the bottle is leak-proof and BPA free.
9. Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent ($8) No camping registry is complete without bug repellent. This natural plant-based version will repel mosquitoes and deer ticks for up to six hours, contains no DEET and even has a pleasant smell.
10. Pacific Breeze EasyUp Beach Tent ($100) It’s always beach time if you have this amazingly popular and highly rated pop-up beach tent. Actually, it’s good for more than just the beach — take it anywhere! You can set it up and take it down in seconds. It’s wind, water-proof and has an SPF 50. It even comes with a 1-year warranty. Bottom line: You need this yesterday.
11. Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets ($7, pack of 10) Nothing like unpredictable weather to ruin a camping trip. Keep these thermal blankets in your pack for insurance against an unexpected cold snap. They retain 90% of body heat and are totally weatherproof.
12. Yeti Rambler Stainless Steel Tumbler ($70) Make those cool mornings and evening extra cozy when you upgrade your tumbler to this sleek stainless steel beauty. It will hold up to 30 oz and keep your beverage cold or hot, so you can savor that morning coffee for the entire sunrise.
13. SurvivalSPARK Emergency Magnesium Fire Starter ($13) This fire starter is another staple for any camping gear: It comes with a built-in compass and whistle so it’s really a 3-in-1 tool. It’s super simple to use and capable of stricking up to 15,000 times — this gadget could last you and boo the rest of your lives together. You just have to remember to bring the s’mores supplies.
14. Luminoodle Portable LED Light Rope and Lantern ($13) W five foot long LED rope-light, the ways to use this lantern are limitless. String it up over your tent or wear it so you don’t lose your partner during night hikes. It’s also waterproof and USB chargeable.
15. Amcrest AM-GL300 Portable Mini Real-Time GPS Tracker ($120) This crazy-useful little device is an absolute must for the tech geek camper. The real-time GPS tracker supported by the Microsoft Azure Cloud is powered by both AT&T and T-Mobile cell towers for maximum coverage. A super simple, month-to-month and no fees service plan makes it worth your money. Not to mention email and text message alerts, a two-week battery life and lifetime support directly from the manufacturer — it’s a total no-brainer.
16. COMMANDO PATROL Tactical Flashlight ($90) Camping is all about getting back to the basics, and there’s nothing more basic than a good flashlight. This one will throw light over 800 feet, is shockproof, waterproof and comes with a lifetime warranty.
17. Etekcity Ultralight Portable Camping Stoves With Piezo Ignition ($9) This itty-bitty stove is the ultimate in minimalist camping. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket but strong enough to hold your heaviest camping pots. And it’s completely “Leave No Trace” compliant, meaning it leaves no soot or debris after you’re finished with it.
18. Sundome Four Person Tent ($65) This tent is a staple for any outdoorsy person. With big windows, a rainfly awning and a 15-minute set-up time, this tent takes all the hassle out of setting up camp.
19. SE KHK6320 Outdoor Tanto Knife With Fire Starter ($7) Anyone who’s seen Man Vs. Wild knows the importance of a quality knife while outdoors. This one comes blunt but it easily sharpened and can be used for everything from cutting kindling to cleaning fish. Or, you know… opening a bag of marshmallows.
20. Rayvenge T3A LED Headlamp With Red Light ($24) This headlamp is so useful you’ll wonder how you ever camped without it. Put up or take down camp in the dark while you wear it, go for a night hike or keep your hands free while you kayak through sea caves. This powerful light will shine up to 330 feet away, making it easy for you to see what you’re doing and where you’re going. It also boasts a battery life of 120 hours.
21. EGOGO Fanny Pack ($16) This little pack is perfect for your day trips away from camp. The convenient compartments and a water bottle holder keep all your essentials in place so you can focus on the gorgeous landscape around you, not the weight on your back.
22. EGOGO Multi-functional 3 Layers Bag ($40) This little backpack is a genius storage solution. Its three layered compartments allow for maximum storage in minimal space. An ergonomic design keeps your back happy too, and the color choices make it hard to choose just one.
23. Tile TLE-02001 Gen 2 Bluetooth Tracker ($25) If you’ve ever spent a whole morning tearing your backpack apart looking for one little, crucial item like your car keys or wallet, the Tile is for you. This disk attaches to key rings or can be tucked into any pocket (like your wallet) and easily tracked via a corresponding app on your phone. Once activated, the tile emits a ringtone, allowing you to locate it in seconds.
24. 10-Piece Camping Cookware Mess Kit ($43) This compact cookware kit is all you need to create delicious, hot meals on the trail. The expertly selected set of pots, bowls, utensils and even a convenient carrying bag reduces meal prep to just the essentials, so you can eat heartily but also travel lightly.
25. CUI WEI 2-in-1 Functions Outdoor Camping Combo LED Lantern and Fan ($16) This combo is so useful we can’t believe we don’t already have one. 18 LED lights make this lantern super bright, while the fan helps keep everyone cool on those hot summer nights. It’s fully positionable, so you can hang it from a tree or the inside of your tent for maximum comfort. It’s battery efficient too, making for 37 hours of light and 50 hours of fan time.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)