14 Ingenious Gifts for Book Lovers
Everyone has that friend who always has their nose in a book. Not only do they have a home library to rival fully stocked bookstores, they’re constantly reading the most interesting picks and have the best book recommendations to boot. Their love of stories brings so much richness to our lives, and that’s why we should celebrate our bookworm besties by giving them thematically appropriate gifts that really celebrate who they are. Scroll on for the most creative literary presents for your favorite reader.
1. J. Leigh Designs Store Readers Gonna Read Tote Bag ($16): Gift your pal a bag for carting all her books around that’s *totes* perfect for her.
2. Bondi Boutique Co. Just One More Chapter Mug ($13+): Every book lover knows the dilemma of needing to know what happens next even when they can barely keep their eyes open. Help them out after a late night of reading with a coffee mug that knows their struggle.
4. Urban Outfitters Invisible Book Shelf ($16): Why clutter up your pal’s walls with chunky bookshelves when their gorgeous books are all they need for decor? These nifty invisible shelves free up a ton of wall space — and kind of look like magic.
5. Block Merch Book Heartbeat T-Shirt ($20+): Your bookworm friend lives and breathes the written word, and this adorable T-shirt expresses their passion in a heartbeat.
6. Fred Finger Print Bookmark ($18): True lit lovers would never sully a good book by dog-earing it. Instead, they can save their spot down to the very word with this inventive bookmark.
7. Anthropologie Fireside Faux Fur Throw Blanket ($98): On cold, rainy days, one of your BFF’s favorite activities is to curl up under a cozy blanket with a good book. Plus, it’s great for a post-reading catnap.
8. Thumb Thing Book Page Holder ($5): Does the book lover in your life have trouble reading on their commute? Keeping their book open and readable is no sweat with this “thumb thing,” even on a crowded train.
9. Craftchemy Gift Shop Book Earrings ($4+): Your bookworm bestie wears their love of the page on their sleeve — or ears. At least they will when you give them these earrings.
10. Urban Outfitters Stay Home Embroidered Amped Fleece Throw Pillow ($39): Ah, the mantra of the book lover: Stay home (and read). They can sit back, relax, and crack open their current literary obsession on this comfy throw pillow.
11. From the Page Pemberley Candle ($12): Let your friend feel just like Elizabeth Bennet whenever they light this candle that gives off notes of greens and floras, inspired by Mr. Darcy’s estate in Pride and Prejudice.
12. Fox and Wild Library Quote Print ($20): As the print says, “The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” Truer words were never spoken to a reading enthusiast.
13. Active Forever Prism Glasses ($5): Even the sleepiest (or laziest) person can still enjoy their daily reading without even lifting their head when they put on these convenient spectacles.
14. Bouncing Ball Creation Harry Potter 7 Wrapped Pencil Set ($10): There’s a good chance your friend is obsessed with Harry Potter. Now they can indulge in their favorite fantasy whenever they write a memo.
Do you have any recommendations for clever gifts for book lovers? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.