19 Cool Kids Backpacks for Back to School — and Life in General
It may feel like summer‘s in full swing, but the time has arrived to do your back-to-school shopping for the kiddos. Though the end of this fun-in-the-sun season comes with a certain twinge of sadness, once you scroll through these cool bags, you’ll be okay with packing up their swimsuits and flip-flops for the year. Below, we’ve rounded up something for every (mini) fashionista, whether they prefer classic, modern, or patterned designs. Here are our favorite backpacks that’ll tote them off to class in style.
2. Yoobi Standard Backpack in Palm ($30): In the middle of winter, help them think back to warmer days. It’ll feel like summer year-round with this palm-printed option.
3. Fashion Accessory Bazaar Target Mermaid Backpack ($16): This shiny mermaid stunna will help them stand out in the school hallway (in the best way possible!).
4. IWIllBeBag Colorful Backpack ($60): Here’s a classic pack that will last them from elementary to high school (and beyond!). There’s even a built-in laptop sleeve so they won’t have to juggle a million different things once the homework load kicks in.
6. Fashion Accessory Bazaar Doodle Backpack ($20): You wish they had products this cool in your day. Other than the sweet sticker print, the included headphones with a handy port make this the savviest option around.
7. Eastpak Authentic Orbit Floral Backpack ($45): We’re feelin’ this flower-power pack for classes, after school, and all of their weekend activities too.
8. Invicta Jolly Backpack ($75): It’s all in the name: This cheerful option by Jolly will put the pep into their back-to-school step, whether or not they’re actually excited about the year ahead.
9. Himawari Backpack ($41): If your mini really likes to have options, look no further. This Himawari pack comes in 18 colors and patterns, so they can choose whichever one suits their mood.
10. Anthropologie Pleasing Poppies Backpack ($48): If the little one is about all things girly, look no further than this delicate poppy-print bag to stow all of their essentials — including their favorite princess crown.
11. Space Junk Coloring Backpack ($30): We have our eyes on this pick for you amateur artist. Give them the marker set and let them go to town on personalizing their new pack.
12. Parkland Rio Backpack ($45): We’re crushin’ on this gorgeous pale pink hue. Dress it up with some patches if the vibe feels too plain for your colorful kiddo.
13. Yoobi Pineapple Cactus ($30): Truth be told, we selfishly want this one for ourselves. That quirky cactus print is too hard to ignore. Added perk: The pom-pom IS included — score!
14. Kipling Dawson Large Laptop Backpack ($129): What’s nylon and neon pink and has padded straps for comfort? Their new fave bag that will take them from classes to their BFF’s house without skipping a beat.
15. PB Teen The Emily & Meritt Oversized Leopard Backpack ($70): Hey there, statement-maker. We’re convinced this bag will give them the ferocious confidence they need to tackle the new year at the top of their game.
16. Balfour Ogio Raven ID Backpack ($40): Customize your kid’s practical backpack with ID patches that can be removed and replaced depending on their age, personal style, or daily mood.
17. Garnet Hill Eco Signature Backpack ($50): Teach your kids how to be green at an early age — this backpack is made partly of recycled water bottles and is PVC-free. It’s also water repellant, and has reflective features for safety, and has plenty of pockets to help keep them organized.
18. Lands’ End ClassMate TechPack Medium Backpack ($45): This water-repellent backpack is durable, comes in fun patterns, and has a padded sleeve to protect any tech devices they have to carry.
19. Fjallraven – Kanken-Mini Classic Pack ($70): This Swedish brand has been making classic backpacks since 1960 — grab a mini version for your mini.
Follow us on Pinterest for more back-to-school inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.