17 Last-Minute but Still Thoughtful Gifts for Father’s Day
Father’s Day has a way of sneaking up on us, doesn’t it? It seems like just yesterday we were getting flowers for mom and barely a week ago we were ringing in the new year. 2018 is flying by, and all of a sudden, you realize it’s the middle of June and you haven’t had a chance to pick up a present for your father yet. Scroll on for 17 gifts your dad will love that you can scoop up in seconds — and all of them are way better than buying him another tie.
1. ESQ Movado Men’s Quartz Stainless Steel and Leather Casual Watch ($125): What time is it? It’s time to remind your father how stylish he is with this casual watch that pairs with practically any outfit.
2. 2(X)IST Men’s Nylon Backpack ($98): Outdoorsy dads who are always up for going hiking or biking will love getting back to nature with this sturdy backpack.
3. Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader ($120): The days of having to choose between five books to read wherever he goes are over — now he can take his whole library with him.
4. Bellroy Leather iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus Phone Wallet ($100): If there’s one thing you know your pop can’t stand, it’s clutter. This slim, sleek wallet keeps all the essentials like his phone, credit cards, and cash safe and sound in one place.
5. Solo Bryant 17.3 Inch Rolling Laptop Case ($61): Is your father constantly on the move? Any business traveler can appreciate a well-appointed case that’s easy to keep in tow.
6. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Phantom Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker ($100): Listening to his fave tunes just got simpler than ever. He can play his music from Spotify and Pandora on this mobile speaker, so he’ll be able to jam from room to room.
7. BACA Tug O’War Zinfandel ($50): Treat your dad to a nice bottle of California zin that has layered, dark fruit notes. This new wine brand sources grapes from a number of California’s well-known wine-growing regions and has produced four zins, all named after favorite childhood games, so you know each bottle is going to lead to a good time.
8. Audio Technica AT-LP60BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable ($100): Or, if your dad is more old school, he can rock out to all of his old vinyl classics on this very popular, highly reviewed turntable.
9. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker ($150): What’s not to love about perfectly cooked steaks, chops, or chicken breasts at the press of a button? A sous vide cooker will practically guarantee a juicy, crowd-pleasing meal every time he cooks.
10. Utopia Kitchen Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet ($24): All home chefs need a cast iron skillet. Your dad can make everything from scrambled eggs to T-bone steaks with this versatile kitchen staple.
11. Espro Travel Coffee Press ($35): He can sip on his rich, dark roast in the morning and take it with him too. This travel mug makes it easier for French press coffee lovers to enjoy their brew, even when they have to dash to the office.
12. Happy Socks Men’s Cotton Dress Socks, Set of 4 ($20+): Does your father have a drawer full of mismatched, holey socks? Give him a reason to throw them out with these colorful, comfortable numbers that will add a little spring to his step.
13. Fridababy FridaBalls ($28): Being a dad can be physically hazardous. This genius pair of kid-proof underwear has breathable wicking fabric but more importantly, a reinforced protective patch to soften the blow of all those unintentional (but inevitable) hits to the groin.
14. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband ($150): Heart-smart papas can track their steps and check their heart rate when they hit the gym. And you’ll feel good about helping him stay healthy.
15. Prada Luna Rossa Carbon Set ($92): You can’t go wrong with a luxurious cologne. This Prada gift set includes eau de toilette and after-shave balm in a woody scent with touches of Italian bergamot and heliotrope. He’ll feel and smell like a new man.
16. Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones ($349): Sometimes what your dad needs is some QT to zone out and enjoy his favorite playlist or podcast. These headphones have up to 20 hours of wireless play time and adjustable levels of noise-cancellation, all controllable by app.
17. Amazon Fire TV ($70): Fire TV will allow Dad to access all his favorite TV shows and movies from streaming networks like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and more. And the voice remote means he won’t even have to lift a finger to enjoy them.
Do you have any recommendations for Father’s Day gifts? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.