The 27 Best Father’s Day Gifts for 2018
He’s your spider-squisher, go-to sports buddy, shoulder to lean on, and handyman for 364 days of the year. So on Father’s Day, why not use the day dedicated to your dad to shower him with something special to show him how thankful you are? Right on cue, we’ve rounded up some unique gifts for him that are a step above the usual suspects (nix the trite old hammer and tie). In fact, we’re so convinced he’ll be reaching for these items all year, we’re willing to bet “Dad duties” on it. Keep scrolling to shop everything in the gift guide below.
1. Tivoli Audio Model One Digital Radio ($299): This radio puts a new spin on the classic vintage speaker. Since it offers FM, WiFi, Spotify, and Bluetooth capabilities, your pops can enjoy everything from his favorite podcasts to the classic rock jams he loves oh-so-much.
2. Sincerely Custom Signature Bookmark ($600+): For the father who’s never without a good book, here’s an idea you should earmark: a custom bookmark rendered from a loved one’s handwriting. Craft a special phrase in brass, gold, or black rhodium to really sweeten the story.
3. Happy Socks Dressed Socks ($24): Some days it seems like you might as well be his personal stylist. So shower him with one of the latest trends — patterned dress socks — to step up an office attire game that might otherwise might be edging a bit too blah.
4. DedCool Fragrance 04 Cologne ($70): The brand known for its line of unisex, cruelty-free fragrances has created a scent that’s *perfect* for your lead guy. It includes notes of black pepper, fig, and patchouli for a musky-meets-woodsy cologne he’ll be drawn to immediately.
5. Knack The Carnivore’s Delight Box ($68): Bring the heat directly to the door of your favorite grill master. This set includes a Rub With Love steak rub, Mustard and Co’s Chipotle Mustard, a pair of Wildwood Grilling cedar planks, and The Pike Place Brewing Company’s Kilt Lifter barbecue sauce. Finish it off with a witty “I Like Big Butts” towel for a package that’ll send him straight to the grill (before it’s even dinnertime).
6. Personalized Bamboo BBQ Set ($58): Speaking of grilling, isn’t it about time he upgraded his ordinary set of tools? Kick your dad’s outdoor style up a notch with this stylish option, clad in a sleek bamboo finish and monogrammed initials to impress all of his hungry guests.
7. Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles Reserve ($35): Maybe you *can’t* get him out to wine country, but this bottle is the next best thing. The Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles comes to you from a country in California’s south central coast and delivers a fruit forward taste that just so happens to pair well with his favorite food — steak!
8. Florent Bodart “DeLorean Back to the Future” Print ($85): You might still be saving up to put an actual DeLorean in his garage, but for now you can fan out over your favorite movie together as you help him pick a place to hang this stylish new sketch with a retro twist.
9. Design Within Reach Bar Decanter and Tumbler Set ($167): Sleek, sophisticated, and sharp are qualities that apply to both this whiskey-friendly set AND your dad.
10. Mountains, Deserts, & Plains by Barbara Ireland ($40): Looking for a slightly more affordable alternative to taking him to all the far-off places he’s been eyeing? The New York Times has you covered with a book full of photographs and first-person narratives that will help him enjoy 25 beautiful destinations around the globe.
11. Picnic Time X-Grill ($62): Help him take his favorite pastime with him — wherever he goes. This portable grill is lightweight and collapsible, making it the perfect choice for tailgating, backyard bashes, or even an impromptu work party.
12. Adidas X_PLR Sneaker ($85): Swap your pop’s grass-stained lawn mowing sneakers for a pair that are trendy enough for dress-down days at the office. Between the minimalist style and aerodynamic touches like the mesh exterior, they’ll be right up his alley.
13. UncommonGoods 100 Movies Scratch-Off Poster ($15): Sure, he’s worked his way through older must-sees like The Godfather, Rocky, and The Big Lebowski. But where’s your dad at with newer classics? This film-themed poster will help any movie buff scratch the most iconic flicks off his list — literally.
14. Omaha Steaks Father’s Day Grilling Favorites ($60): Treat your dad for the ultimate feast — this box comes with ribeyes, filet mignons, burgers, fries, and apple tartlets. He’ll have so much delicious food that he’ll have no choice but to invite you over for dinner.
15. Mark & Graham Commuter 2-in-1 Garment Bag ($250+): When rushing straight from the office to visiting you, a sturdy (and stylish) garment bag is one staple he shouldn’t go without. Bonus: This one can be monogrammed for a personal touch.
16. The Art of Shaving Starter Kit ($30): Your #1 guy will appreciate an excuse to clean up his grooming habits thanks to this state-of-the-art shave kit. It’s complete with pre-shave oil, shaving cream, after-shave balm, and a badger shaving brush to help him walk away both looking and feeling good.
17. Innovative Technology Victrola Vinyl Case ($80): Bring a bit of order to his v. extensive record collection… Or simply give him an excuse to tote some tracks around. Either way, this cool vintage case is sure to be a hit.
18. Plated Meal Kit Plan ($49+ per week): For the dad who loves to cook but doesn’t always have the time or energy for planning menus and picking out groceries, Plated is a meal subscription kit designed for him. With over 20 recipes per week to choose from, you’ll kick-start his culinary obsession all over again. And if you’re in the neighborhood, it’s something the two of you can do together too.
19. Planeta La Segreta Il Rosso ($13): If Cali zin isn’t exactly his thing, give him the rustic flavor of an old world, Sicilian wine. Comprised of Nero d’Avola and Merlot grapes grown in volcanic soil, this wine tastes of herbaceous, ripe fruit, shows soft tannins, and is the ideal pairing for the Mediterranean pasta dish you’re cooking dad on his special day. The price point isn’t bad, either.
20. Papyrus Handmade Tool Cabinet Card ($9): If your Father’s Day exchange leans more toward expressing heartfelt sentiment (or picking a thoughtful gift certificate), put it in a card he won’t mind putting on display on his desk OR at his workbench.
21. Two Tumbleweeds Foodie Dice ($24): Your dad loves to cook but struggles to get started — so shake up his kitchen routine with a set of dice that serves as the ultimate deciding factor. While there are several sets to choose from (paleo or dessert, anyone?), this one is inscribed with savory staples, including types of proteins, grain/carbs, herbs, and more, ensuring he’ll never get bored.
22. HeyDad Play Box ($40+/month): If you’re gifting a dad (not necessarily yours) who has little ones aged 3-6, this subscription box is guaranteed to provide some fun experiences. Every month, he’ll get a new themed box (e.g., astronaut training, an escape room, or indoor camping) filled with activities for him to do with the kids for some quality bonding time.
23. Pottery Barn Crosley Nomad Portable Turntable ($199): Help him keep those tunes spinning with this modern turntable (USB enabled) with a retro feel.
24. Shaker & Spoon Box ($50+/month): For any aspiring mixologist, the Shaker & Spoon box is a monthly subscription box that will up-level his bartending skills. Each box comes with three unique recipes from top bartenders and all the accoutrements to make 12 cocktails (alcohol not included).
25. Hedley & Bennett (Product) RED Classic Apron III ($98): This chef-favorite apron will help any cook — amateur or pro — look good in the kitchen. The limited edition (RED) apron is made with sturdy cotton denim and brash hardware, and 25 percent of every purchase goes to fight AIDS.
26. Bosca 8oz Dolce Flask ($95): If your guy is more of a to-go drinker, this flask — stainless steel wrapped in high-quality, hand-stained leather — will do the trick. You can also take this gift up a notch it by adding a monogram.
27. Fender 2018 Limited Edition Strat-Tele Hybrid Guitar ($2000): If you really want to spoil Dad this year, pick up the Strat-Tele hybrid. Its versatile design makes it easy to play in just about any setting and will make him the talk of the neighborhood. Just think — now he can start that band he’s been talking about for decades!
What gift will you be giving your dad this year? Share it with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.