9 Rock Climbing Gyms That’ll Get Your Adrenaline Pumping
Mixing up your workout routine is a great way to stay motivated and keep your muscles guessing what’s coming next. Which may be one reason why rock climbing and bouldering gyms are popping up all over the US. You’ll not only get a killer core and an arm toning workout, but trying to find the best routes will also exercise your problem solving skills, maybe even keeping your brain younger. So move over pilates routines, time to take a back seat, HIIT workouts, we’re hitting up these nine rock climbing gyms across the country to learn the rock-climbing ropes.
1. Upper Limits: With three locations in Illinois, Upper Limits is one of the largest indoor rock climbing gyms in the country. Owned by a husband-wife duo, this climbing gym boasts fitness classes, birthday parties, yoga and enough climbing space to keep you busy for years to come. (Photo via Upper Limits)
2. High Point Climbing: If you’re looking for a gym that has it all, look no further than High Point Climbing in Chattanooga. Climbers can take advantage of over 30,000 square feet of both indoor and outdoor climbing space, with ample opportunities for beginners to veterans and everyone in between. We bet you’ll really feel your adrenaline pumping as you scale the outside of the building. (Photo via Highpoint Climbing)
3. Brooklyn Boulders: Brooklyn Boulders is part climbing gym, part creative playground. There are 22,000 square feet of climbing area that does double-duty as a space for community-based initiatives, events and a variety of fitness workshops. (Photo via Brooklyn Boulders)
4. Stone Moves: This Houston-based spot is owned and operated by local rock climbers, for local rock climbers. Each staff member has a true passion for the sport, meaning you’ll get expert coaching, even when you’re just learning the basics. (Photo via Stone Moves)
5. Boulderdash: Two California locations, each housing more than 10,000 square feet of rock walls, offer programs for adults and kids, including camps, courses for all skill levels and private instruction. This would be a great place to fit in a workout as your kids learn a new sport. (Photo via @boulderdashclimbing)
6. Sport Climbing Center: Located in Boulder, Sport Climbing Center is a two-for-one gym: part rock climbing gym and part yoga studio. Day pass options make this spot great for a unique first date or a day out trying something new with your girls. (Photo via Sport Climbing Center)
7. Coral Cliffs: South Florida’s premiere rock climbing space was built to make sure everyone from beginners to advanced climbers has a good time. There are over 87 different routes to choose from, so you can make this a weekly workout and never get bored. Plus, the gym regularly hosts out-of-state excursions, so you can take your skills outdoors with a group of passionate climbers. (Photo via Coral Cliffs)
8. Stone Summit: This Georgia hotbed has two locations (Kennesaw and Atlanta) and enough class options that anyone can experience rock climbing first hand. The additional pilates, strength training and yoga classes the complex offers make this a one-stop-shop for all your fitness needs. (Photo via Stone Summit)
9. Boston Rock Gym: This Northeast gym is staffed exclusively with professional climbers and outdoor climbing enthusiasts, who create new routes every day that are specifically designed to be both fun and challenging. And when you move from beginner to pro, Boston Rock Gym also hosts competitions where you can put your skills to the test. (Photo via Boston Rock Gym)
Tag us in your rock climbing adventures on Instagram at @BritandCo!
(Photo via Getty)