Anthro to Zara: The 26 Essential Summer Buys for Under $100
There are a lot of things we’re looking forward to this summer: weekend BBQs that last long into the night, breezy bike rides that take you into every nook and cranny of your city and, of course, some serious beach bummin’. But those warm-weather escapades just wouldn’t feel right in even our slinkiest spring gear. The sun-drenched season calls for its own uniform, one that’s full of neon hues, bare shoulders and out-in-the-open toes.
Before you break a sweat zipping from shop to shop to satisfy the sartorial overhaul, check below. We’ve done the grunt work for you and rounded up 26 summer style essentials: the must-have clothing, shoes and accessories from Anthro to Zara, and all under $100. Consider it the ultimate one-stop-shop for the season.
1. Anthropologie x BaubleBar Naples Drops ($68): This summer, take the leap from spring’s minimalist studs to these geometric danglers. The mix of wooden triangles and beaded fringe gives off a tropical vibe that pairs perfectly with a your one-piece at the beach and an off-the-shoulder dress off the sand.
2. American Apparel The Adia Dress ($54): This will be *the* dress you toss on to look put together in a pinch again and again and again this summer. Wear it with chunky platforms to catch last-minute drinks with your girls, with a fresh pair of sneakers the next day for patio brunch, then with lace-up pumps the weekend after for your best bud’s outdoor wedding.
3. ASOS Denim Wide Leg Cut Out Jumpsuit ($90): This season’s spin on overalls is the anti-mechanic’s denim jumpsuit. Keep the look feeling modern with heeled mules and minimal accessories.
4. BaubleBar Cape Town Bracelet Set ($62): Sunmerfy even your most basic jeans and tee with this set of sequined tassle bracelets. Mix ’em in with your favorite gold cuffs or stack one on top of the other for major island-feeling flair.
5. Boohoo Ameey Clear Plastic Mac With Pastel Trims ($52): Never let a summer downpour salt your style ever again. Keep dry without dressing down in this clear raincoat with cute pastel piping.
6. Brit + Co Yellow Wallpaper They Cross Clutch ($45): This canvas clutch is a vacay essential, casual enough to tote around on the beach in a maxi yet classy enough to bring to your waterside dinner in a jumpsuit.
7. Charles & Keith Covered Sliders ($56): The quintessential lazy girl footwear just got the preppiest makeover ever. We can’t wait to wear these saddle shoe slides with culottes and a polo top (because how could you resist?).
8. COS Cut-Out Check Top ($89): White button-up, meet your new workweek BFF. Zip into a pencil skirt to round out the 9-to-5 look, then toss it on over your fave bandeau and high-waisted jeans when you’re off duty.
9. Forever 21 High-Waisted Skinny Jeans ($28): Even if you feel like the button-front skirt has too much retro flair, you can still stay on trend with these high-waisted, button-closure skinny jeans, aka the perfect pants to wear with your summer crop top collection.
10. Free People Marrakesh Lace Up Sandal ($78): These kicks combine two of our fave summer sandal trends: metallics and laces. They might be the sleekest way to style your chambray romper.
11. GAP Printed Jogger Shorts ($45): These cozy-chic jogger shorts have us saying “cutoffs who”? Wear with a tunic top and slide sandals for an effortless head-to-toe look.
12. H&M Wide-Cut Coat in Lyocell ($50): Whether the culprit is an evening breeze or a chilly indoor office, beat the summer shivers with this drapey coat. Think of it as a less fussy trench (no buttoning or belting involved!) that can dress up your weekend outfit like that.
13. J.Crew Swingy Lace-Up Sailor Tee ($68): This is what happens when classic French girl stripes get a ’70s makeover. Turn into a scene stealer at your neighborhood music festival by wearing it with cut-offs, heeled clogs and a bright red lip.
14. Lisa Says GAH Laura Schoorl Hair Wallet ($50): For those too-hot summer days where even a clutch is too much to handle, opt for this ethically sourced horsehair wallet that you can carry with your LBD on date night or tuck in your shorts’ back pocket when you have to run out of the cool AC for errands.
15. LOFT Tank Midi Dress ($50): This might be the ultimate summer basic: a wear-every-weekend midi tank dress that feels like pajamas but is still super chic. With a light denim jacket as its PIC, this frock is good to go to every picnic, BBQ or rooftop party you and your friends throw all season long.
16. Madewell Squareset Turquoise Ring ($28): Add a pretty pop of color to your warm-weather getup with this chunky turquoise ring that’s still simple enough to pair with your set of everyday stackers. Accessorize with a metallic watch and chains for a professional feel, or play into the slight Southwestern vibes with a beaded bracelet.
17. Mango Openwork Pattern Trousers ($80): This summer, break out of your maxi skirt comfort zone with these sheer trousers that have the same feel but definitely make a bolder statement. Keep things dressy with ankle-strap sandals and a shiny pedicure or take ’em to a more casual place with stark white sneakers.
18. Nasty Gal Quay Coco Iridescent Shades ($45): If you ask us, anything goes when it comes to summer shades. So, go there with these iridescent circle sunnies studded with the most beach babely palm tree charms. Thanks to the white frames, this pair is streamlined enough to wear even when you’re not sippin’ on piña coladas.
19. Need Supply Gold Necklace in White Speck ($58): This minimalist necklace will soon be your secret weapon for turning your more basic summer tops into something really special, whether it’s a work-worthy blouse, a party-ready cami or an everyday tee.
20: Old Navy Cami Romper ($30): This fit-for-the-beach romper won’t just be your go-to swimsuit cover up. Slip into strappy heels and a flowy kimono and you’re looking at your new fave GNO outfit.
21: & Other Stories Platform Suede Espadrilles ($100): When espadrilles can be more than the definitive summer shoe, they’re a find. Case in point: these platform slippers that would look just as at home in the office (we’re thinking with a crisp white suit) as they would on a cruise ship.
22: Reformation Boa Top ($98): Once you have the right bra to navigate its plunging neckline (and arms and back), you can count on this strappy top to see you through every sizzling summer moment, whether it’s beating a heat wave paired with track shorts and sandals, throwing back beers in your easy denim and cowboy booties for drinks on the bar patio or hitting up that after-work event with a wrap skirt and open-toed ankle boots.
23. Target Ainsley Knot Thong Sandals ($16): These thong sandals are the perfect in-your-face statement against the throngs of ugly sandal lovers out there. Just cuff up your jeans and you’re ready for wherever the day takes you.
24: Topshop MOTO Stab Stitch Cropped Jacket ($80): Every girl needs that one miracle-working, semi-formal summer dress that covers every Save the Date through August, like this lavender lace dress. Color aside, the off-the-shoulder neckline makes it a sartorial standout, especially when its blinged out with a dainty choker or playful drops.
25: Urban Outfitters: Neoprene Beach Tote ($49): True, the size of this tote makes this bag the frontrunner for carrying the haul for every summer excursion — towels for the beach, food for the backyard potluck, wine for your BFF binge night-in. But let’s be real; its scuba-style fabric in that swoon-worthy ocean blue hue is what really sealed the deal for us.
26. Zara Striped Swimsuit ($40): Don’t just flaunt this flattering swimsuit poolside on your epic vaycay. Give it life when you’re back in the real world under your high-waisted jeans at weekend brunch.
Where are your favorite places to shop for spring? Tell us about your best finds so far in the comments below.