We’re three weeks into the New Year, which means we’ve had *just * enough time to replace our bad habits with healthy ones — at least according to Dr. Oz. If you’re struggling to get that workout routine kick-started, we’ve got just the thing to motivate you back to it: new leggings! Read on to discover the most innovative, edgy, and eye-catching ones we’ve found.
1. Fabletics Savina Leggings ($80): The most impressive detail of this simple, lace-up style from Kate Hudson’s Fabletics line comes with UPF 50+ sun protection. So you can work out wherever you choose, without risking a pesky sunburn.
2. Forever 21 Active Mesh-Panel Leggings ($20): These $20 millennial pink workout pants are every bit as cute and trendy as any $100 counterpart. Plus, they have some serious performance elements (like moisture-wicking-fabric and a hidden waistband key pocket) to boot.
3. Lululemon Kick Serve Sweat Tight ($98): You can’t go wrong with a classic pair, and that’s just what this Lululemon style serves up. This option comes complete with all the amenities you want (and need), including a hidden waistband key pocket, moisture-wicking material, four-way stretch fabric, and a striking print.
4. Onzie Graphic High-Rise Legs ($76): Amp yourself up with Onezie’s neon print pants, which are sure to set you apart from the rest of the gym crowd. Just TRY looking away from that eye-popping print.
5. Senita Athletics Circuit Leggings ($40): The perfect pants for the gal-on-the-go include side pockets big enough to fit most “large phones.” Bonus: They’re also tagless for maximum comfort.
6. Amiyiah’s Nike Leg-a-See (Doernbecher Freestyle) ($40): If the bold design of these bottoms stands out as a cut above the rest of Nike’s styles, it’s for good reason: They were dreamt up by Amiyiah Robinson, an 11-year-old girl with sickle-cell anemia. Robinson created the leggings as part of Nike’s Doernbecher Freestyle program, which allows young hospital patients to design goods to engage their creativity. What’s more, 100 percent of the proceeds for these leggings will go on to benefit the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital (OHSU), making them well worth the purchase.
7. Alo Goddess Leggings ($94): Designed to slim your tush, contour your inner and outer thighs, and flatten your tummy, these performance pants (available in 11 colors) are like the Spanx of workout gear. They’re also built for function with four-way stretch, a key pocket, and moisture-wicking properties to keep you dry throughout your entire workout.
8. CALIA by Carrie Underwood Essential Printed Spliced Leggings ($75): This Carrie Underwood-approved athleisure staple has an edginess factor with its graffiti-print and mesh panels. Plus, it will keep you feeling fresh thanks to the anti-microbial properties that keep odor at bay.
9. JoyLab Premium 3/4 Leggings ($40): Affordable? Check. Cute? Check. Performing? Check — these JoyLab leggings are reflective, breathable, and practical, thanks to a front coin pocket and a hidden key compartment. What’s not to love?
10. Outdoor VoicesLandscape Leggings ($95): These color-blocked, body-hugging leggings were inspired by Pacific topography and will motivate you to get moving outside. Bonus: 10 percent of sales also go to The Nature Conservancy, a non-profit that helps save the Earth.
11. Ivy Park Cutaway Leggings ($70): Leave it to Queen B to take a trending style (mesh panels) and make it her own.
12. Sweaty Betty Zero Run Gravity Leggings ($135): Beloved by the likes of Reese Witherspoon and Jessica Alba, this brand boasts “ultra-lightweight Italian fabric” and plenty of style. Our pick? This geometric vintage print.
13. Vimmia Reversible Speed Leggings ($124): Everyone loves a good two-for-one deal (even models, like Nina Agdal, who favors this brand), and these reversible bodycon bottoms are like getting two pairs of leggings for the price of one. Score!
14. Athleta Colorblock Up for Anything 7/8 Tight ($89): These aptly named leggings are really up for anything. They have light compression and four pockets, ideal for taking you from studio to street.
15. Victoria’s Secret Cotton Strappy Leggings ($50): This legging/sweatpant hybrid helps you transition from the gym to your couch as easily as its ombre pattern goes from deep purple to pink.
16. Reebok Lux Leggings ($65): You can wear these comfy leggings every day; the nylon/elastane blend fabric provides stretch without the shine.
17. Free People Motion Leggings ($88): You’ll feel just like a prima ballerina in these motion leggings, made with two-way stretch fabric for maximum mobility. Additionally, they feature an adjustable wrap leg designed to look just like a ballet slipper.
18. Puma x ASOS Paneled Legging ($79): Sporty girls love these Puma x ASOS exclusives, which feature mesh side panels for breathability, super bold colors, and “dryCELL” fabric to draw sweat away from the skin.
What’s your favorite brand of leggings? Share with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Nordstrom)