18 Beyoncé-Inspired DIYs That Run the World
With the Formation Tour absolutely slaying its way across the world and becoming the summer’s hottest event, it only makes sense to pay homage to Queen Bey with some fierce DIY projects. You can update your accessories with home decor that’s inspired by Lemonade or put her killer lyrics on everything from tote bags to wall art and cocktail glasses — the possibilities are endless! So whip up a cold glass of Bey’s grandma’s sacred lemonade and get ready to #slay these 18 DIY projects. Who runs the world? Makers!
1. DIY Lemon Headband: Buh-bye flower crown — hello, lemon love. Throw together this lemonade headband in honor of Bey’s Hawaii vacay and rock those tropical vibes the rest of the summer. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Beyonce Lyric Quote Cocktail Glasses: You won’t be able to stop singing when you pour your pretty pink cocktails into these lyric glasses. Stock up on plenty of blank glasses because Queen B has a lot of killer quotes. (via Bespoke Bride)
3. DIY Lemon Photo Booth: When Bey gives you Lemonade, make a photo booth and get your #squad together for a seriously sunny photo shoot. Put giant lemon slices on your bike wheels or put together a lemon wedge piñata for the ultimate lemon-inspired party. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Watermelon Pillow: Use this pillow as inspiration for a DIY project. Pick up an inexpensive pink pillow and use white iron-on letters to spell out the sassy summer message. Then dab on black fabric paint to make the seeds. (via Society 6)
5. DIY Kale Sweatshirt: Kale, yes you need this sweatshirt in your closet. Vamp up an old shirt with your own KALE type and print it out on iron-on transfer paper or get pre-made iron-on letters at a craft store for a super quick and easy DIY project. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Statement Shower Curtain: Only your shower knows what you really look like in the morning, so why not embrace your hot mess with a statement shower curtain and a solid Beyoncé quote to get you going. All you need for this quick bathroom makeover is a printer and colorful fabric paint. Oh, and a shower curtain. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Beyonce Tote Bag: You’ll never forget your bags in the car again when you take this tote shopping. Pick your favorite lyrics (yes, it’s an impossible task), print and iron onto a tote bag. (via We Can Make Anything)
8. Cardinal and Fitz Beyonce Embroidery Hoop ($22): If you haven’t jumped on the embroidering trend yet, consider this a serious piece of Bey-spiration. Get ready to tackle your favorite quote or take our Embroidered Typography Online Class for a little extra encouragement.
9. DIY Fruit Slice Shelves: The #shelfie trend has everyone focused on the top of the shelf, but what about adding some color underneath? Copy Beyoncé’s two fave fruits — watermelon and lemons — for a sweet summer decor project that you’ll never want to take down. (via A Bubbly Life)
10. Urban Outfitters Flawless Bathmat ($34): Everyone needs a little encouragement in the morning when they look like a hot mess. Hack this UO bathmat with an inexpensive mat and a steady hand with the fabric paint.
11. DIY Pineapple Two-Piece: Get ready to combine two of your all-time favorite things: pineapples and Bey’s awesome #OOTD. The best part of this project? Practicing your dance moves while you wait for the painted pineapples to dry. (via Brit + Co)
13. Black & Boo Giant Typography Art ($11): This clean typography art print would look amazing on a gallery wall or flying solo. Even if you’re not an artist, all you need are a couple of stencils to recreate this simple, graphic wall art piece.
14. DIY Lemon Free Printable: Turn up Beyoncé and add some serious color to your gallery wall. Seriously, who says no to lemons?? Especially when you can use them to make Beyoncé’s grandma’s sacred lemonade recipe. (via Bre Purposed)
15. DIY Tote Bag: Your tote bag will slay wherever you take it with these sassy lyrics. Use iron-on letters for a quick and easy DIY project. After all, the faster you make it, the faster you can take it out and show it off. (via Brit + Co)
16. Shop Josie B Slay Doormat ($38): Swap out “Hey girl hey” for the wise words of Queen B and give your squad doormat envy every time they come visit. Use this Etsy mat as inspo to DIY your own with an inexpensive mat, stencils and outdoor spray paint.
17. DIY Coloring Song Lyric Posters: You won’t be able to stop singing these lyrics while you’re coloring in this free printable. Once you’ve finished coloring, frame that print and hang it up in your bedroom or office for a playful piece of wall art. (via Damask Love)
18. DIY Lemon Crop Top: Once you’ve finished making Bey’s sacred lemonade, use the lemon halves to stamp out a legit pattern on a little white top. Cover the entire top with citrusy goodness and wear it loud and proud whenever you need a little extra fierceness in your OOTD. (via Brit + Co)
How many of these Beyoncé-inspired DIY projects will you make? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor ideas and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.