5 Ways to Copy Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj’s Music Video Style
For the last few weeks Taylor Swift’s star-studded video for “Bad Blood” has been the music moment people have been talking about. But unfortunately, Taylor and her band of assassins were quickly overshadowed by the unstoppable duo that is Beyoncé + Nicki Minaj. The two took all the attention this past Monday when they dropped their epic video for “Feeling Myself” on Tidal. The flashy vid includes shots of them hanging out in a bathtub, eating hamburgers together and jamming out at Coachella. We love you, Taylor, but this is definitely is by far the most badass video released this week.
1. Skeleton Bodysuit ($17): Copy Beyoncé’s skeleton one piece in this black + white combo. Pair with some denim cut-offs or follow in Bey’s footsteps and simple tie a hoodie around your waist.
2. Floral Sweatshirt ($79): Take a little bit of inspiration from Beyoncé’s graphic, green hoodie in this bright, bold number.
3. Fuzzy Varsity Jacket ($34): This option definitely isn’t quite as furry as the one Beyoncé and Nicki take turns wearing, however, it does offer a cozy texture on the sleeves and pockets.
4. Mesh Midi Dress ($20): Give that classic jersey style a fashion makeover by transforming the top into a mesh midi. Slip that skeleton one-piece on underneath for some serious Beyoncé vibes.
5. Bucket Hat ($27): We know what you’re thinking, “Bucket hats, really?” Really. If it gets the Queen Bey seal of approval, that’s enough for us. Rock this floral option to keep the style from looking too much like a dad on vacation.
What was your favorite look from the video? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photo via Beyonce)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!