Nicki Minaj Is Starting a New Engagement Ring Trend
Nicki Minaj has never been one to blend in. One glance at her cotton candy-colored wigs and rainbow-colored makeup could tell you that. So when the time came for the Nicki to say “yes” to her bf Meek Mill, you can bet she sealed the deal with some seriously over-the-top bling.
While the ring’s specs haven’t been officially confirmed by the couple, E! News reports it’s most likely 15-carats and would retail for a whopping $500,000. We’ll give you a minute to take that in. If you’re in love with Nicki Minaj’s dual-toned stunner but don’t have that kind of cash to shell out (because who really does?), here are five options that offer up the same pop of color without that epic price tag.
1. Sapphire Fancy Halo Diamond Ring ($3,000): Swap out Nicki’s heart-shape for a classic oval look but keep the color combo and halo effect with this option.
2. Peach Champagne Sapphire Engagement Ring ($2,750): For a dual-toned ring that isn’t too loud, try this peach-champagne sapphire ring that’s wrapped in diamonds and a trendy rose gold setting.
3. Emerald Tiara Ring ($5,500): For those of you who want to totally forget about the idea of a basic diamond ring, opt for this Victorian-inspired number. Not only is the shape super unique, but it will definitely also stand out with that bold pop of green.
4. Ruby Ring ($8,250): That pale pink wasn’t quite vibrant enough for you? Spare no subtly by rocking this ultra-girly rock. But move fast: this pretty little thing is a one of a kind, Edwardian relic.
5. Opal and Diamond Ring ($1,064): If you just can’t settle on one pop of color, opt for this antique looking opal ring which can look super classic in one light and then give off a whole array of colors in another.
Do you have a two-toned engagement ring? Share a picture of it in the comments below.
(Photos via @nickiminaj, Featured Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!