12 Ways to Dress like You’re in Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood Girl Gang
After two weeks of black, white and red Instagrammed hype, Taylor Swift showed her tough girl side in her most epic music video to date “Bad Blood” and, along with it, a seriously badass wardrobe. In the four-minute neo-noir-style vid that stars Tay as Catastrophe, the leader of a star-studded girl gang preparing to battle it out against a backstabbing bestie, she trades in her trademark styles, like the glamour gowns of “Blank Space” and the vintage-tinged separates of “Shake It Off” for latex skirts and studded bras, inky cat eyes and buckled boots, cutout crop tops and black leather everything.
Whether the edgier look sticks for Taylor or not (although based on Tay’s latest red carpet outfits, it might), we’re clearing a space in our closets (+ beauty kits) for pieces that scream hardcore heroine. Shop the moody pieces that are sure to shake up your breezy summer wardrobe — and that will for sure make you look like you’re a member of the T.Swift army — below.
1. Chromat Underwire Bralette ($257): Made of corset boning and cagey elastic straps, this bralette is the perfect statement top for the more adventurous babes among us. Or clasp it on under a sheer blouse for a more understated way to show off this sculptural showpiece.
2. Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Blushing Beige ($5): Taylor’s preferred lip color post-office ass kicking should be yours too: a pearlescent nude that polishes any look like that.
3. House of Holland Super Suspender Tights ($25): These tights are the lazy girl way to get the sexy garter belt look without fussing with straps and clips. Let these lines play peekaboo underneath a flowy skirt to make your everyday outfit a little more fun.
4. Ardency Inn Punker Smoky Eye Kit ($39): Taylor’s fierce graphic liner makes us want a permanent smokey eye all summer long. This punk-approved toolkit will help you achieve both that subversive smudge and the straight and narrow flick.
5. Nasty Gal Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet Sheer Tank Dress White ($58): Sheer dresses aren’t just for the beach anymore. Toss this stripey sheath on over a bandeau and pinup shorts and wear with combat boots to nail the summer goth look.
6. ASOS Ragan Two Part Ankle Boots ($81): Gladiator sandals might be glam, but this summer, make cutout boots your heatwave-approved footwear. Their two-part design gives these stompers a breezier feel while the silver buckles keep the badass vibe alive.
7. Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Blue My Mind ($20): When you’re dressing like you’ve gone to the dark side, black liner is your no-brainer beauty counterpart. But for those times you step out in a lighter palette, keep your eye makeup on fleek with a frosted eyeshaodw. Like Frostbyte’s (Lily Aldriedge’s) makeup, the intense shimmer gives off just as much ‘tude.
8. Topshop Rose Gold Triangle Studs ($15): This girl gang’s bling of choice = fierce geometric earrings. We’re gushing over Taylor’s triangle drops that compliment her angular eyeliner like a dream.
9. lilah b. Divine Duo in b. real ($46): For the cool girl brand of girly makeup, pass up your bubblegum, corals and hot pinks for a striking orchid hue. Based on The Trinity’s (Hailee Steinfeld’s) look, it’s soft enough to work with your best summer whites yet punchy enough to stand up to a glittery cat eye (win-win!).
10. American Apparel Vinyl Mini Skirt ($58): When leather isn’t badass enough, make shiny vinyl your new go-to. This black mini skirt is just begging to be paired with a pastel crop top and jelly sandals.
11. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Hellbent ($21): Take your go-to red lipstick in a vampier direction by swiping on a deeper, cooler hue. Besides the to-die-for shade (and rad name), this studded tube adds even more rock and roll edge.
12. H&M Biker Jacket ($50): Consider this your everyday armor. For that extra bad gal kick, quilted shoulders are a must.
What was your favorite look from “Bad Blood”? Tell us which version of Taylor you’re channeling this summer in the comments below.