When it comes to wedding style, there’s an ultra-fine line between tradition and our die-hard love of all things trendy. (Non-traditional brides, what what!) Thankfully, though, there’s a solution for brides seeking the perfect blend of old and new. By keeping current with hot new trends that emerge with each and every wedding season, the contemporary bride can easily update her traditional wedding style with a modern, fresh twist. Here are 12 notable bridal styles that kept weddings current in 2016 but we still are feeling for 2017.
1. Groomsmen + Their Socks: ICYMI, socks are basically the “new necktie” for groomsmen. 2016 saw the emergence of colorful, matching socks as a signature trend among grooms.
2. Bridal Blue Wedding Shoes: The best kept secret in wedding style was just how gorgeous bridal blue shoes look in your wedding photos. Modern brides opted for “something blue” in the form of their footwear, stepping up their style with an edgy and fabulous look.
3. Ombre Diamond Cluster Wedding Band: We already drooled over cluster diamond engagement rings, and then we saw this alternative style of wedding band bling. Enjoy the best of both worlds with your classic solitaire while admiring the beautiful color pop of this wedding trend.
4. Floral Wedding Dresses: Truly daring brides opted out of floral bridesmaid dresses and went for full-on floral wedding dresses. One glimpse of the stunning outcome and you’ll be re-thinking the “white wedding” tradition too.
5. Succulent Boutonnieres: Grooms’ boutonnieres got a definite upgrade thanks to the boho-fabulous succulent trend. The itty-bitty succulent adornment is fit for the coolest of cool-brides and grooms.
6. Mismatched Ombre Bridesmaids: 2016 also saw laid-back brides allowing their bridesmaids to wear unique, individualized wedding day styles (in the proper shade and length, of course). The ombre-hued bridal parties that resulted were some of our favorite wedding pics.
7. Bohemian Style Jewelry: We always take notes on pairing our wedding dresses with jewelry, but we’d break every rule just to get our hands on one of these masterpieces. The uber-popular elevated bohemian wedding style features next-level jewelry that’ll keep you on your toes — literally!
8. Dip-Dyed Ombre Dresses: We’ve been smitten with dip-dyed ombre wedding dresses from the moment we first saw ’em. Nontraditional brides can don a POP of their favorite color as they strut down the aisle in boho-bridal style.
9. Feathers: Feathers made appearances at some of the chic-est weddings of 2016. Done right, they look absolutely divine.
10. OTT Footwear: Embellished chunky heels and blush-colored velvet… could they be any more glam? 2016 proved fashion lovers can wear the styles of the season with a pair of fashionista-approved shoes.
11. Bridal Brooches: Hair accessories were a bridal beauty must-have last year, from flower crowns to bejeweled tiaras. In particular, a rise in the nuptial brooch added some extra sparkle to all the bridal ‘dos.
12. Bridal Braids: Also known fondly among wedding professionals as the “braid-al,” 2016 saw trendy plaits merge with our wildest bohemian whimsies for some of the most decadent bridal hairdos to date. The flower-adorned style on this boho bride is almost too perfect.
Which wedding trends would you like to see continue in 2017? Let us know on Pinterest!