10 Birthday Gifts Your Boyfriend Will Actually Love
You’re pretty much an expert on the important issues in life (fall hair trends, sourcing delicious recipes), but when it comes to choosing a thoughtful (but still super sweet) present for the guy in your life, you go blank. To help, we found ten amazing options any dude would be delighted to receive. From a masculine grooming kit to a practical but cool watch, these presents are sure to please. Happy shopping!
1. Passthrough Watch Strap ($65): A nice watch deserves a band to match, so gift your boo this genuine leather strap for a 20mm watch in any of four available colors.
2. Bacon Six Ways ($59): Next to dogs, bacon just might be man’s best friend. So naturally, your boyfriend will love this kit of six epic bacon products.
3. Bearded Man Set – Beard Oil + Hair Wax ($27): If your boo is bearded, smooching might be a little scratchy. This beard oil + wax set will help smooth out that facial hair sitch.
4. Safety Razor Shaving Kit ($108): On the other hand, if your BF likes to keep his face clean + smooth, this kit comes with everything he needs to get a closer shave than ever before.
5. SKEYE Nano Drone ($49): As the saying goes, boys will be boys, and we all know boys certainly love their toys. This tiny quadcopter is bound to become bae’s prize possession.
6. Mantry – Food Crate Subscription ($85): They say food is the way to a man’s heart, so snag this subscription box of six artisan foods that get delivered right to his door.
7. Party On! Excellent! Trunks ($110): These turquoise trunks rock hand-drawn illustrations from one of the most excellent movies around. The perfect gift for your Wayne’s World + beaching-loving boo-thang.
8. Cold Bruer ($75): Allow your coffee-addict boyfriend to skip the line at Starbucks with this slow drip cold brew coffee maker. Mornings made SO much easier.
9. Hikari Pack ($84): This versatile backpack also functions as a shoulder bag and tote, so it’s great for the guy on the go. Order it in gray, blue, striped or maybe all three.
10. Moscow Mule Cocktail Set ($99): Whip up b-day drinks with this cocktail kit! Including ginger syrup, copper mugs + a shaker, you’ll have everything you need to make a delicious Moscow Mule.
Which of these gifts are you planning to buy for your guy? Let us know in the comments section.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.