Black and White Details for a Minimalist Wedding
While many of us do love a good splash of color when it comes to planning (or pre-engagement planning) our weddings — especially in the form of wedding smoke bombs — there’s no denying the minimalist-chic vibe that comes from the classic black and white combo. These wedding colors offer an ultra bold contrast that’s sure to make the perfect statement for your biggest event. So whether you’re going for a simple black and white look for your tablescape or are hoping to make your gown *really* pop amongst a sea of black, skip this year’s pantone wedding color scheme and go for a look that’s classically chic!
1. Make It Pop: Cure those cocktail hour munchies with a little dose of black and white. Serving your guests popcorn will add unique flair to your event and would be perfect for a Hollywood glam-inspired wedding. (Event Design: All You Need Is Love Events; Photo via Jillian Rose Photography)
2. A Fresh Touch: Don’t be afraid to play with color! Black and white do go with *everything* after all. Add a bit of color to your more neutral tablescape with fresh and vibrant floral bouquets. (Photo via Bon Vivant Studios)
3. Floral Backdrop: Say your I dos with just a hint of drama. This picture-perfect vow backdrop, with its stunning mix of black and white florals, will take your ceremony event photos to the next level. (Event Design: The Graceful Host; Photo via Lauren Rosenau Photography)
4. Romantic Affair: Take your classic tablescape up a notch with this poised and polished mixture of black, white and gold. And don’t forget the mass amounts of candles! (Floral Design: Hidden Garden Flowers; Event Design: Sterling Social; Photo via Jana Williams)
5. Black, White and Gold: Nothing’s more inviting than a hint of gold. Spice up your black and white stationery with a bit of gold foil accents and some Dalmatian liners. (Stationary: Inclosed Letterpress Co.; Photo via Mullers Photography)
6. Timeless Beauty: Here are some bridesmaids dresses your girls can wear well beyond your wedding day! Give your striking gown all the attention it deserves by contrasting it with some dark black bridesmaid dresses. (Bridesmaid Dresses: Joanna August; Photo via Kingen Smith)
7. Striped Accents: While crisp and classic, white table cloths can come off a tad plain. Add some dimension to your table setting with a black and white striped table runner. (Photo via Katie McGihon Photography)
8. Delicious Favors: Give your guests favors that are totally on-theme by sending them home with treats that match the classic color of your wedding. These pretty little vanilla macaroons tied with a black blow are almost too pretty to eat… almost. (Photo via Love Me Do Photography)
9. Printed Dress: Just ’cause you’re committing to one man doesn’t mean you have to commit to just one color. Play up the bridal look with a striped black and white gown. (Photo via Megan Clouse Photography)
10. Pops of Black: Take your all-white bouquet to the next level with dark accents. And don’t be afraid to play with texture. (Event Design: Michelle Edgemont Design; Photo via Erika Layne Photography)
11. Alternating Necklines: Black dresses can sometimes come off as one-dimensional. Elevate your bridesmaids’ look with alternating necklines and you’ll have an Insta-worthy wedding party. (Photo via 217 Photography)
12. Precious Keepsakes: What a pretty way to say I do. Save your sweet words for years to come with these black and white His & Her vow books. (Event Design: Nicole George Event Planning & Design; Photo via Shelly Anderson Photography)
13. Striped Tablescape: Step up your linen game with some striped tablecloths. You can recreate this glamorous tablescape with patterned linens and lots of gold accents. (Event Design: Rock Paper Scissors Events; Photo via Nikos Gogas Photography)
14. Minimalist Touches: These outdoor nuptials are straight out of a fairytale. Add a modern touch to your garden wedding by using black and white as the perfect complementary colors to the ceremony’s natural greens. (Event Design: Sterling Social; Photo via Jana Williams)
15. Classic Portraits: There’s more than just romance going in on this image. Give your wedding portraits an artsy appeal with black and white backdrops that pair flawlessly with your wedding day attire. (Photo via Vero Suh)
16. Glamorous Details: It doesn’t get more glamorous than black sequin linens! Add a bold pop to your mostly white wedding with some show-stopping sparkly table decor and modern black chairs. (Event Design: Viva Bella Events; Photo via Kortnee Kate Photography)
What ways would you incorporate black and white in your wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more beautiful wedding inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)