Black + White Stripes: 25 Chic Ways to Sport the Trend
Staying inside the lines isn’t all that bad. Well at least when it comes to stripes it isn’t. The chic pattern we all know and love can be classic, elegant, fun or all of the above. But lately, it’s all about the black and white variety. And that’s precisely why we’ve got 25 ways to incorporate them into every aspect of your life. Contrasting lines are the new black… or should we say the new black and white?
2. Pointy Toe Pumps ($645): These stripey high fashion pumps will make you runway ready in a snap. Hey, if the shoe fits…
3. Nail Stickers ($19): Oh, nail art. How we love you so. Especially when you require no artistic abilities and come in sticker form. This mani set lasts up to one week, which is exactly how long it will take for you to show off the look to all of your gal pals.
4. Teapot ($58): This simple striped teapot may look sweet, but it can brew a mean cup of tea.
6. Tapered Tee ($78): This cotton top has a slight drape, so it’s all easy breezy beautiful summertime. Basically, it’s a closet staple, guaranteed to never go out of style, like, ever.
7. Washi Tape ($4): The roll of tape that literally dominates the home decor and DIY scene comes in black and white stripes, so you should probably get your hands on some.
8. Headboard ($268): Nothing makes a set of crisp, white sheets look better than a bold striped headboard. You don’t even need to paint the walls. Your friends will probably ask you who your interior decorator is. It’s that good.
9. Candy Stripe Mini iPad Folio ($45): Doesn’t your tablet deserve to be well-dressed, too? We think so. And so does Kate Spade.
10. Cotton Gauze Dress ($225): Hand sewn by artisans in Ethiopia, this sophisticated lightweight dress is ideal for hot summer days. Dress it up with a pair of espadrille wedges and statement earrings, or wear it barefoot on the beach for a more relaxed look.
12. Block Wedges ($80): These absolutely adorable platform wedges are what every girl needs for spring. You don’t even need to think about what to wear since everyone will be admiring what’s on your feet.
13. Mylar Balloons ($9): Throwing a party? These black and white striped balloons are the perfect addition to your decor, whether it’s a bachelorette bash or a gala in the garden.
14. Color Block Clock ($30): Would you look at the time? This graphic wall clock serves as both a practical time-teller and a modern piece of art.
15. Stripe Play Tote ($68): You can never own too many totes. With beach season approaching, you’ll be thankful for this cute cotton companion.
16. Paper Party Straws ($4): You know you’re stripe-obsessed when even your straws are black and white. These cool tubes make your glass of water look stylish.
18. Envelope Clutch ($50): Looking to add some stripes to your wardrobe? This oversized envelope clutch will match with pretty much everything in your closet.
19. Round Sunglasses ($260): How freakin’ awesome are these? Round shades have never been so in style and with the skinny stripes filling up the frames, you’re basically rocking two trends at once.
20. Bow Tie Pasta ($9): You eat with your eyes first. And these tasty bow ties are going to be wallpapering Instagram as soon as you set them down on the the dinner table.
21. T-Shirt Dress ($37): We’ve all heard that horizontal stripes aren’t the most flattering of prints, but this dress allows you to wear them while still looking incredible. The vertical stripe panels actually slim the waistline. Score!
22. Duvet Cover Set ($25): Living and breathing a striped life? This dashing duvet allows you to sleep in them, too. The sunny yellow band across the top adds the perfect pop of color.
23. Hand Towel ($7): According to this reversible, fashion-forward hand towel from H&M, every bathroom needs stripes.
24. Glitter Canister ($88): A container made especially for glitter? Yes, please! For those who don’t have glitter on hand 24/7, you can use this funky jar to store everything from cookies to cotton balls.
25. Weekender Bag ($180): Take your stripes on a trip with this canvas bag from Kate Spade Saturday. With two interior pockets and a bottom zipper shoe compartment, you can carry all your travel essentials in style.
How do you rock black and white stripes? Share with us in the comments!