We have a confession to make: when we raise our glasses sky high this New Year’s Eve, it’s not just to toast to the new year, it’s also to show off our festive nail art. When you see these 15 NYE-inspired nail art designs, you’ll see why we’re so hyped to flash our fingers at the crowd.
1. Kate Spade-Inspired Nail Art: We love the preppy party vibe of these Kate Spade-inspired nails. Besides being head over heels about the black and yellow bow ties, the rhinestone embellishments are right on point: it’s definitely the pretty way to wear 3D embellishments. The mix of matte polish and matching color studs keeps the look polished. (via Small Good Things)
3. Star Confetti Nail Art: We couldn’t let our leftover table confetti go to waste, so we used it to amp up our nails for New Year’s Eve (pretty clever, right?) On this design, we topped shimmering blue stone polish with a pair of black and silver stars for a flashy evening look. (via Brit + Co.)
4. Glitter Stripes: An all-red mani is a timeless look, and just like every girl should have a bottle of the classic nail color, they should also know ways to amp it up. These glitter stripes are the perfect example, where the accent art enhances—not distracts—from the rich red. (via …love Maegan)
5. Marquee Nails: It’s easy to create this festive look with the help of a dotting tool and contrast polish. As much as we love the marquee-style digits, our favorite part has to be the sparkling glass full of “champagne.” (via The Daily Varnish)
7. Colorful Confetti Mani: Ready for confetti nails round two? This time we’re going all out with our confetti placement, crowding each nail bed with vibrant tinsel until it’s completely covered. This is one instance where more is more. (via Brit + Co.)
9. All That Glitters: We’re obsessed with this glittery take on reverse half moons, especially when it’s done up in this eye-catching multi-colored glitter polish. This look would appear equally dashing on neutral colored nails. (via Essie)
10. Gold and White Geo Nail Art: Who knew mismatched lines could look so chic? Our friends at TopCoat [link] schooled us on how to make this freehand geometric print look perfectly posh. (via Brit + Co.)
11. Wish Upon A Star Nail Wrap: Luckily, skipping the polish all together doesn’t mean you have to settle for bare nails. That’s when you reach for nail wrap [link[. The nail-shaped stickers give the appearance of an amazingly intricate mani (like these sick hot pink and glitter nails) in a fraction of the time and effort. (via Nailed It)
13. Fairy Lights Nails: We see a blank wall, we think “make garland” (and we have made our fair share this holiday season). But we’ve never had that thought when we’ve looked at blank nails—though we’re glad this blogger did! These purple and silver dots are the perfect balance of festive imagery and abstract design. (via Small Good Things)
14. Chic Champagne Mani: If you’re looking for a soft nail look for New Year’s Eve, then try out this chic glitter tip design. It’s not as jarring as a French mani that boldly divides the nail in two. This design loads the tip of your nail up with glitter, which gradually fades toward the cuticle. (When it’s done up on navy polish so it looks like snow, we call it the Snombre!). (via Cosmopolitan)
15. Chevron New Year Nail Art: Even though we (prematurely) included this chevron design as a part of our holiday nail art roundup, even then it stood out as one of our absolute faves. (via So Nailicious)
What nail art will you be rocking this New Year’s Eve? Are there any festive manis we missed? Tell us in the comments below!