15 Nail Art Designs We’d Raise Our Glasses To
We have a confession to make: when we raise our glasses sky high this New Year’s Eve, it’s not just to toast to the new year, it’s also to show off our festive nail art. When you see these 15 NYE-inspired nail art designs, you’ll see why we’re so hyped to flash our fingers at the crowd.
1. Kate Spade-Inspired Nail Art: We love the preppy party vibe of these Kate Spade-inspired nails. Besides being head over heels about the black and yellow bow ties, the rhinestone embellishments are right on point: it’s definitely the pretty way to wear 3D embellishments. The mix of matte polish and matching color studs keeps the look polished. (via Small Good Things)
3. Star Confetti Nail Art: We couldn’t let our leftover table confetti go to waste, so we used it to amp up our nails for New Year’s Eve (pretty clever, right?) On this design, we topped shimmering blue stone polish with a pair of black and silver stars for a flashy evening look. (via Brit + Co.)
4. Glitter Stripes: An all-red mani is a timeless look, and just like every girl should have a bottle of the classic nail color, they should also know ways to amp it up. These glitter stripes are the perfect example, where the accent art enhances—not distracts—from the rich red. (via …love Maegan)
5. Marquee Nails: It’s easy to create this festive look with the help of a dotting tool and contrast polish. As much as we love the marquee-style digits, our favorite part has to be the sparkling glass full of “champagne.” (via The Daily Varnish)
7. Colorful Confetti Mani: Ready for confetti nails round two? This time we’re going all out with our confetti placement, crowding each nail bed with vibrant tinsel until it’s completely covered. This is one instance where more is more. (via Brit + Co.)
9. All That Glitters: We’re obsessed with this glittery take on reverse half moons, especially when it’s done up in this eye-catching multi-colored glitter polish. This look would appear equally dashing on neutral colored nails. (via Essie)
10. Gold and White Geo Nail Art: Who knew mismatched lines could look so chic? Our friends at TopCoat [link] schooled us on how to make this freehand geometric print look perfectly posh. (via Brit + Co.)
11. Wish Upon A Star Nail Wrap: Luckily, skipping the polish all together doesn’t mean you have to settle for bare nails. That’s when you reach for nail wrap [link[. The nail-shaped stickers give the appearance of an amazingly intricate mani (like these sick hot pink and glitter nails) in a fraction of the time and effort. (via Nailed It)
13. Fairy Lights Nails: We see a blank wall, we think “make garland” (and we have made our fair share this holiday season). But we’ve never had that thought when we’ve looked at blank nails—though we’re glad this blogger did! These purple and silver dots are the perfect balance of festive imagery and abstract design. (via Small Good Things)
14. Chic Champagne Mani: If you’re looking for a soft nail look for New Year’s Eve, then try out this chic glitter tip design. It’s not as jarring as a French mani that boldly divides the nail in two. This design loads the tip of your nail up with glitter, which gradually fades toward the cuticle. (When it’s done up on navy polish so it looks like snow, we call it the Snombre!). (via Cosmopolitan)
15. Chevron New Year Nail Art: Even though we (prematurely) included this chevron design as a part of our holiday nail art roundup, even then it stood out as one of our absolute faves. (via So Nailicious)
What nail art will you be rocking this New Year’s Eve? Are there any festive manis we missed? Tell us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.