Functional buys don’t have to be boring. Proof: this colorful crop of cool wooden wall clocks. From abstract works of art to minimalist, modern designs, we compiled a solid combination of DIYs and awesome buys to help make your search a little easier. Time is really gonna be on your side now.
1. DIY Patterned Wall Clocks: Sometimes all you need is painters’ tape, paint and a bit of imagination to get the coolest wall clock on the block. Pick up the Brit Kit ($30) from our shop and get ready to actually enjoy counting down those minutes in the early AM. (via Brit + Co)
2. Black Geometric ($62): This laser-cut clock has a style and grace all its own. The combo of black, teal and gold makes telling time much more chic.
3. DIY Mid-century Clock: If you really want to make a statement with your clock, bigger is always better. DIY this bad boy with just a piece of wood and a few supplies from your local hardware store. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. Colorful + Minimalist Clock ($50): Why go round when you can flaunt a unique shape like this one? We are loving the contrast of the minimalist wood with the colorful and abstract swirls here.
5. Modern Starburst Clock ($95): The best part about this clock? You can actually arrange the sticks however you like and then tighten for a unique look all your own. This one would be great in a craft room or office.
6. DIY Watercolor Clock: We love watercolor on our screens, on our nails and even on our bods. So it’s no surprise that a wall clock DIY like this one has us all starry eyed. Feel free to mix up colors with a different palette or even add a few gold markers. (via Makers Society)
9. Abstract Clock ($50): In our world, more color is always more awesome. A masterpiece like this will make running out the door so much more pleasant. Feeling artsy? You could totally DIY this!
11. DIY Kitchen Spoon Clock: Why be safe when you can go BOLD with your very own kitchen spoon design? Our girls over at A Beautiful Mess whipped this one up and we can’t stop staring. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. DIY Leather Strap Clock: Wood, clock hands and a leather strap are all you’ll need to put together this chic, minimalist wall clock. Feel free to add a little color blocking or a bright, patterned strap for a bit of pizzaz. (via The Lovely Drawer)
13. Ink Splatter Clock ($59): We heart this tiny artsy clock so much that we wouldn’t mind having one in every color of the rainbow to hang all over our homes and offices.
14. Modern Cuckoo Clock ($348): That’s right, folks. The cuckoo clock is back with this more modern, almost retro-inspired design. While this ticker might be worth a pretty penny, who wouldn’t want to see that cute little bird every hour?
15. Geometric Wood Clock ($31): Varying wood stains and bright geometric shapes? That’s it. This clock was *made* for us.
16. Camera Clock ($84): We would definitely ‘gram a few shots of this beauty if it was on our walls. Pick it up for yourself or for the photog in your life.
17. Semi-Circle Clock ($37): This semi-circle clock will bring a unique and modern style to your walls. We think the teal and white here is a #winning combo.
Have you ever DIYed your own wooden wall clock? Which one of these are your faves? Let us know in the comments below!