11 Ways to Turn Heads in a Coat Like Blake Lively
Blake Lively has been nailing maternity style from the very start. From the perfectly mis-matched patterns she’s seen sporting in her sun-drenched announcement photo to the bump-flattering gowns she’s worn on the red carpet, the actress-turned-lifestyle expert is proving that her ever-growing bump isn’t stopping her from making style statements — a point made loud and clear by this seriously snuggly geometric patterned coat Blake was recently snapped sporting in New York City.
1. Lindsey Thronburg Tamiami Trail Trench Cloak ($1,300): Here it is, Blake’s jacket in all its colorful, voluminous glory. Made of Pendleton wool and lined with silk, it’s hands down the coolest cloak we’ve ever seen — it should go without saying, it’s worth the splurge.
2. Nasty Gal Capulet Wrapped Up Jacket ($268): Channel the Southwestern-inspired style of Blake’s head-turner for way less. As much as we’re drawn to the sunset palette, we’re really just ready to wrap ourselves up in this one.
3. & Other Stories Wool-Blend Coat ($245): The asymmetrical stripes make this super structured coat feel as playful as it is posh. It leaves us dying to bundle up with a neon yellow scarf.
4. Compania Fantastica Heart Print Belted Trench ($129): We’re obsessed with the mix of modern flair and classic shape in this belted trench. Even with the all-over heart print (adorable), traditional details like double-breasted buttons and front panels aren’t lost.
5. Won Hundred Iggi Coat in Patched Print ($567): Patchwork has never looked so chic. While the jagged shapes create a strong pattern, the gray palette keeps the look fairly subtle, perfect for throwing on over neutral basics and colorful pieces alike.
6. Pixie Market Navy Shearling Coat ($88): Classic stripes get a cozy makeover in shearling. The unexpected embellishment is worthy of a double take.
7. Forever 21 Collarless Open-Front Plaid Coat ($45): We have enough classic red plaid in our wardrobes, which is why we’re delighted to set eyes on this purple and peach stunner. While the oversized silhouette is right on trend, it’s sleek enough to count on as a wear-to-work staple.
8. Three Floor Alaska Coat in Color Block With Faux Fur Collar ($474): Stuck staring at that royal blue collar? Us too, ’cause when’s the last time you’ve seen such a slick kind of color blocking? Yep, this is a $500-worthy obsession.
9. Endless Rose Color Block Coat ($98): Here’s another instance when color blocking goes beyond a contrast lapel. The mix of bolds and neutrals keeps this number chic while allowing you to wear your love of color on your sleeve.
10. Zara Argyll Poncho ($100): Chevron grew up, and we’re not feeling a bit nostalgic. Outlined in rich maroon trim, this black and white poncho is an alternative outerwear must-have.
11. Story of Lola Longline Faux Fur Coat With Highlighter Artists Print ($152): ‘Cause how can you not get distracted by a cool girl in neon faux fur? Props to the chick who can take this look beyond the Pinboard.
Which statement coats suit your style best? Can you just not get over Blake’s pick? Tell us which coats caught your eye in the comments below.