One of the greatest things about football season (besides your favorite team winning, of course) is coming together with a group of friends to tailgate for a few hours before the game. While your buddies will be bringing favorite Super Bowl snacks like chicken wings, burgers and beer, you can contribute by bringing the ultimate side dish: blanco queso. This liquid gold is going to score a touchdown with jalapeños, red onions and all the cheesy goodness you can handle. Although this might not be a traditional dip like guacamole or spinach dip, everyone will love you for bringing a bowl of cheese to the party. Even though your team will be scoring big during the game, this queso blanco dip is going to score big time before the game even begins.
— 8 ounces American cheese
— 1/2 cup milk
— 1 1/2 jalapeños
— 2 teaspoons cumin
— 2 teaspoons garlic powder
— 2 Tablespoons red onion
— handful of cilantro
— 1 Tablespoon butter
1. Chop the jalapeños, red onions and cilantro and put them aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, milk and American cheese. Mix together until the cheese starts to soften.
3. Add cumin and garlic powder to the saucepan, then mix.
4. Next, add the jalapeño, red onion and cilantro mixture to the sauce pan. Mix everything together and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and ladle into a serving dish. Add a spring of cilantro on top.
Chop up the jalapeños. Don’t touch your eyes after!
Next, chop the red onions.
Mince the cilantro, mix all three chopped ingredients together and save for later.
In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, milk and American cheese. Mix together until the cheese starts to soften. Add cumin and garlic powder, then stir. Next, add the jalapeño, red onion and cilantro mixture to the sauce pan. Mix everything together and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and pour your cheesy deliciousness into a serving dish. Add a spring of cilantro on top.
Show us your queso dip by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative.