19 Football-Shaped Snack Recipes to Tackle for the Super Bowl
The closest we’ll ever get to encouraging you to chow down on an actual football is the way-more-delicious pigskin that’s meant for nibbling: light and crispy homemade chicharrónes. Football- and stadium-shaped snacks, on the other hand, should definitely be some of your top draft picks for Super Bowl snacking. You’ll love the edible touch of festive flair AND flavor that each of these 19 recipes brings to the party. Featuring a variety of sweet and savory eats, the entire lot can easily be used as a spread and dedicated to the theme. If you ask us, that’s certainly one winning way to end the football season.
2. Buffalo Chicken Tea Sandwiches: Tea sandwiches may be an out-of-the-ordinary offering for the Super Bowl, but these aren’t your usual afternoon affair. Filling them with Buffalo chicken salad and topping them off with “laces” take things to a whole other sando level. (via Thirsty for Tea)
4. Football Field Bean Dip: We can’t believe we didn’t think of this easy Super Bowl-themed dip first. Just whip up your favorite bean dip recipe and add some sour cream yard lines for a festive game-day appetizer. (via Creative Juice)
Sweet Snack Recipes
7. Chocolate Football Cookies: Chewy and softer than most, these chocolate cookie cutouts just might spark #DeflateGate Version 2.0. At least we can all agree that everyone’s a winner this time around. (via Easy Baked)
15. Football Whoopie Pies: Chocolate and vanilla may be the most classic flavor combo out there, but you can definitely play around and make these footballs with your fave whoopie pie recipe. (via Culinary Couture)
17. Chocolate Cheesecake Football Shooters: You could stop at just the chocolate-coated peanut butter pretzel sandwiches that crown the top of each shooter. But why would you want to miss out on the fluffy, no-bake chocolate cheesecake and crushed grahams underneath? (via The First Year)
How will you incorporate a football theme into your Super Bowl snack spread? Share your creations with below!