20 Smokin’ Hot Jalapeño Recipes
We’ve all topped off a heaping mound of nachos with a few rings of jalapeños, but these spicy green peppers are so much more than a last-minute addition to a standard Tex-Mex dish. We’re bringing you 20 of the most creative jalapeño recipes around to breathe some new culinary life into this under-appreciated pepper. Think jalapeño popovers, jalapeño chimichurri grilled cheese and even jalapeño pineapple popsicles. That’s right; things are about to get spicy up in here.
2. Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork With Honey Jalapeño Lime Slaw: The pulled pork smothered in Sweet Baby Ray’s may be considered the star of this dish, but all of that means nothing without a spicy jalapeño lime slaw to pull it all together. (via Host the Toast)
6. Cheddar Jalapeño Chicken Burgers: These chicken burgers are literally bursting with flavor. Let’s see… there’s onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese… (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
7. Baked Coconut Shrimp With Jalapeño Pineapple Dipping Sauce: Coconut shrimp is only as good as the dipping sauce you serve with it. So basically, this recipe is really, REALLY good. (via Tablespoon)
10. Creamy Jalapeño Corn Dip: Bring along this creamy dip next time you’re invited to a weekend get-together. It’s a little bit sweet and loaded with jalapeños for a nice kick. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
11. Yuca Fries With Jalapeño Aioli: This healthy hack tastes great without the guilt that comes with scarfing down handfuls of French fries. Plus, the aioli, made with lemonaise, garlic and jalapeños is super easy to make. (via Brit + Co)
12. Jalapeño Lime Chicken Wings: Chicken wings are an American classic. In preparation for Superbowl XLVIII, practice making these spicy wings for your loved ones to see if they’ll make the cut. It’s never too early to start training for game day. (via Stupid Easy Paleo)
13. Avocado, Mozzarella and Jalapeño Chimichurri Grilled Cheese: Uhhh, we’ll take four of these. No, no, we’re not sharing. (via Naturally Ella)
14. Avocado and Orange Salad With Jalapeño Vinaigrette: This citrusy salad looks beautiful and delicious. We’re adding this one to this week’s lunch menu. (via The Bitten Word)
16. Jalapeño Popper Burger: We swear, the burgers we feature on Brit + Co are just getting taller and taller! We blame this burger’s height on the jalapeño poppers that make up the top layer. (via Simply Delicious)
17. Mini Jalapeño Polenta Cakes: These one-serving polenta cakes will make a fantastic side dish at your next dinner party. We suggest frying the jalapeño slices you’ll use to top these puppies off. (via Tablespoon)
19. Grapefruit and Jalapeño Infused Tequila Cocktail: Fruit-infused liquor is all the rage right now. Try your hand at infusion by whipping up this grapefruit and jalapeño tequila. (via 100 Layer Cake)
What jalapeño recipe are you ready and rarin’ to try out? Let us know below!